Tuesday, March 4, 2014

{weekly update} week 41

I think that this week has been one of our more exciting and fun weeks to date. Why? Because our little nugget is just the sweetest and best little girl. Her personality is really starting to shine through and is just the most talkative little thing!!



Eats: we tried drinking out of a straw this week (no success but I was able to "drop" the water into your mouth) she has tried French Fries, wheat bread, carrots, and garlic mashed potatoes. As we are working on self feeding she has found great enjoyment from feeding the dogs. They love it. Am she is super nice because she feeds them equally!!




Sleeps: pretty much the same here. She is napping without a swaddle so that we can eventually sleep her at night without one as well.  Just not sure how interested I am with the middle of the night wakeups because she can move her arms.  I know I will have to do it sometime soon - can't be swaddling her to sleep when she is in college!!! lol

Goes: basically I think she has been just about everywhere in her short 9 months of life.  She goes to church with Miss J almost everyday for "socialization" in the nursery.  Then we had a fabulous Mama and Ellie shopping day on Sunday.  Girlfriend was a total peach, I can see successful shopping trips as she gets older.  I think she is really enjoying sitting in the shopping cart seat vs. her car seat.



Loves: feeding the puppies her snacks! Jumping in her exersaucer.  Rolling around on the floor (and finding electrical cords!)  Her new favorite thing is to chew on her nasal aspirator - gross!! Also she really enjoys dumping out all the shapes from her shape sorter.



Does: we had a blast mimicking each other on Saturday.  Her favorite sound is "ooh".  She is standing and pulling up.  Took one crawl step yesterday!  Had her first "Babysitter" last night - the horses needed to get their feet trimmed and I scheduled it before Thomas got home so I had one of my students come and watch her for me while I held the horses!  Also Ellie Faith experienced her first vomit on Friday.



Mama: This past week was a total blast! I am having so much fun with my baby girl and how she is growing and playing!  This coming week is going to be rough.  On Wednesday is the 2 year anniversary of when we officially lost baby #2 and then Sunday is the 2 year anniversary of when my mom passed away.

Dear sweet Ellie Faith I just want to squeeze you and savor this time with you so much!!  I love hearing your little babbles and watching you play with all you toys. You are a true joy and I love you so!!



♥ Ashley





3 comments:

  1. she's precious as can be. Have a great day.

    Would love for you to come join my hop http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll, I am just loving watching this little nugget grow up! So sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. can I just borrow her?? (or you can make that trip to FL!!)
    I love those cheeks and the hair do! Feeding the dogs is a lot of fun, don't ya know!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley