Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Faves [reader favorites]

Hey there lovely ladies!!

 As this has been a challenging week for me on the emotional side of things (2 year anniversary of miscarrying baby #2 and my mom passing away) I thought I would try to keep things a little bit lighter here, since it is almost the weekend after all!!

If you are new around here WELCOME!! I love having new readers and connecting with them so please leave a comment and follow my blog!!

Interesting facts: I have been blogging for almost 5 years but am just now finding my "blogging voice" and loving it.  I mostly write about my adorable daughter, Ellie. But occasionally you will get a snapshot of other happenings on the farm: infertility, our farm animals, diy's and what I like to cook.

So today I would like to share with you some of my loyal readers favorite posts!

1.

Meet Paladin.  He is our miniature horse.  I grew up with him and then after my Momala passed away he came to live with us!  He is just adorable and I am looking forward to when Ellie gets to start riding him!

2. 

Bringing our Baby Girl home parts one and two!  Our journey to parenthood was a long and challenging one that we had no idea was going to turn out the way it did.  We are blessed through adoption to have our family and seeing her for the first time was an experience I will never forget.

3. 

Like I mentioned above in #2, our journey to parenthood has been rough.  I shared about our 3rd miscarriage here.  This is definitely something I DO NOT wish on anyone but I have learned so much and become a much stronger person because of it.  I am pretty sure I would be a much different parent to Ellie, had I not gone through all of this heartache.

4. 
I love to cook.  I got that love from my Momala. I am so happy that there is something of her in me that I can share with Ellie.  I like to make lots of things, easy or challenging it doesn't matter much to me.  But this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake is a sure winner and its pretty easy too!

5. 

I am a teacher.  This means that I get to look forward to nearly 10 months of "vacation" during the summer time.  Never have I loved that more than when we brought Ellie home.  To think that I was going to be able to spend every waking moment with her was glorious.  It is one of the perks to being a teacher and I really wouldn't trade it for anything if I didn't have to!


Thank you so much for stopping by!

♥ Ashley


6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome little roundup! You have some great archives :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Courtney!! It was so fun. I am hoping to do a round up of MY favorite posts too sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that your difficult week has come to a close, and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post. already great when you see great pics too.

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/ketchup.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/life-isnt-fair.html

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love miniature ponies!! They are just so cute!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet story of your adoption. I enjoyed reading it. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley