Sunday, December 23, 2018

Our Christmas Home - 2018

One of the things I love about this blog so much is that I can look back on years past to see the transformation of our home, family, and style.  I can be reminded of where we were in each stage of our lives and fully appreciate where we are right now!!

This year for Christmas, we really paired down everything.  We put out fewer decorations, did fewer "activities", purchased less gifts, and focused on each other a whole lot more. I have to tell you that I am not complaining about any of it.  Our home still looks festive, the kids are still having a great time, and Thomas and I are experiencing much less stress (and isn't that just the best?)!!

So here we go, onto our Christmas Home!!


I love our tree, we had to get a new one last year since our original one's lights were mostly not working. I couldn't find our exact tree but this one is similar and I might like it better 😉.  Not much has really changed with the decorating our tree over the years.  The biggest difference is that when we got this tree it didn't come pre-lit so we had to get lights for it, we decided to go with colored lights and I think it's so fun for the kids...though I am 🙏 that next year we do white lights again.










Our Living Room is probably the part of the house that is the most festive.  It's where our tree is, the stockings and our pillows.  We spend the most time in here and I love that.  Also, I did a little bit of cleaning up but wanted to let y'all see our home in it's basic every day clutter.






Diffuser, the Aria

Into the girls room.  I love their shared room so much.  We have gone back and forth with their little play table in here but for now it is out in the dining room.   We have a little bit of festive going on in here with their little tree.  Ellie and Finnley both have free rein with this tree and it is in a constant state of change with them moving the ornaments around, daily.  Also after the first round of photo's I found some flannel sheets for their beds and I love the sweet holiday addition they've added to the room.

Similar Diffuser.  It works pretty good, but I am looking forward to getting them a new one in here.











Into Séamus nursery.  This silver tinsel tree has been the nursery tree since Ellie's First Christmas, then it moved into Finnley's nursery when it was her First Christmas, and here it is again now in Séamus nursery for his First Christmas.  In all honesty, we didn't switch up the ornaments in here from when it was Finnley's tree.  Now that I come to think of it, we didn't even get Séamus an ornament this year.  Good thing we still have a couple of days before Christmas so that we can rectify that...😂.  This is also his nursery debut here on the blog.  It's not done (are they ever?) but pretty much reflects what we're going for.  I just have a few photos I need to choose and hang, pick out a diffuser, and then it will basically be done.













The dining room shares the Tree and has a handful of other Christmas decorations...mainly some bottle brush trees on the tea cart.



Now for our room.  I have dreams of putting a tree in here but that just hasn't happened yet. I mentioned on IG that I'm usually a white sheets kind of girl.  I like that they're neutral and easy to clean.  But, when I saw these winter berry flannel sheets I couldn't help myself and decided it was high time we brought some festive into our room.




Diffuser, Desert Mist

 and just to keep it real, we have pillow, socks, and toys piled up in our room as well.  I keep wanting to move things, get rid of things, but am having a hard time doing so.


Finally, in the girls bathroom (which has gone through multiple decor styles and paint colors) is such a sweet space now.  I guess I shouldn't refer to it as the girls bathroom since Séamus will be using it as well...so it will now be referred to as the Kids Bathroom.  I finally found the sweetest little diffuser to put in here and I am in love.  I used to have a candle in here but now that I'm not burning them anymore I wanted to have something to make it smell nice without requiring guests to have to use a room spray.  When I spotted this little beauty I couldn't grab it fast enough.  It's small but packs a big punch and who doesn't love pineapples??
 


 
I have to say that I am loving the grey and white color scheme in here.  It makes it so much lighter and brighter in here and I think it will be conducive for the girls when they get older to use the mirror (assuming we're still living here).

So that does it folks.  Our 2018 Christmas Home Tour.  Thanks for taking a look around!!

Merry Christmas to you!!

Previous Christmas Home tours:


♥ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley