Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 19

These weeks are going by so much faster than I anticipated.  I seriously feel like I just wrote last weeks post yesterday!!  Séamus is now 19 weeks!! It's hard to believe it.  This week we had a blast hanging out with each other.  Finnley is still attached to him, but is becoming a little bit more gentle.  Ellie still showers him with kisses on the daily hourly.  And true to form Séamus is just so very happy to be alive!



Eats: I have been upping my intake of water and making sure I'm eating enough calories (and protein) I have also been more diligent on rolling on Fennel oil and taking my thyroid meds on a stricter schedule.  Baby Boy is still nursing but seems to be intaking more at each session.  He still squeals when its nursing time and the googly eyes he gives me just melts my heart.  He is still nursing during the night but settles back down nicely.

Sleeps: his napping has been all sorts of whack this week due to a busy schedule...and I'm trying to get him to sleep without a swaddle.  It's not working in my favor but we'll just keep doing what we're doing.  Whenever Séamus does sleep he wakes up happy and content.  He has still been waking a couple times at night to nurse but goes back down quickly.  We have had a couple of nights where he has slept very well...just trying to remember what we did so we can recreate that every night!!




Does: little man has been doing awesome at Tummy Time, he rolls from back to front, plays for a long time in his exersaucer, still hangs out in the swing from time to time and loves to bat at the toys on his playmat. He's been chewing on his fingers and drools like a St. Bernard 😂, he will take his paci and just loves to be held and cuddle.  He has also really been enjoying "standing" and is just so happy most of the time.



Goes: we spent time at our nanny house, Séamus assisted me at a holiday bazaar on Saturday (where I welcomed more members to my Oils team!!!), we had a family trip to Trader Joes, had a Costco run, and saw Santa!!! Ellie and Séamus were total fans...Finnley was happy as can be until it was our turn!!! Séamus and I took Ellie to cheerleading.  We made it to Play Group at our library and both Séamus and Finnley had a fantastic time!


 

Wears: each time I put on one of his onesies I think it's a bit tight...so that means it's time for a dresser clean out and to switch him into his 3-6 month clothes!!! He is still in size 1 diapers but they're getting snug on him - we still have almost a whole box left so I'll have him wear those out and then order size 2 next time.  I mentioned last week that I want to switch brands/types and I'm leaning toward the Pamper's Pure.  If you have any other recommendations I would love to hear!!

Mama: I have to admit I am still on a high from this past weekend's success at the holiday bazaar! I just love welcoming new members to my team because it means one more household is jumping on their wellness journey!! They are going to help eliminate toxins and chemicals in their homes and support their family in ways they never imagined they could!  I am also so so thankful and grateful for all of the support I have received from every one of you about Séamus and my breastfeeding.  I poured out my heart this last week and you are all so freakin amazing!! I am just thankful that I can still nourish him and will for as long as I can.  I am doing what I feel is best for both of us and I just have to tell you how heartwarming it is to have a band of women come together and support each other!! Y'all are the best!



Sisters:  Finnley loves to laugh, scream, and squeal at the highest of decibels ever.  I rolled our Magic Unicorn Roller on her before we left to go to the library this week and she had thee best time ever.  She usually is pretty nervous when we walk in (hello chaos) even if we're the first ones there.  She attaches herself to me and is very worried.  NOT THIS TIME!!! she spent most of the 90 minutes we were there away from me playing with new friends and toys.  It was the most amazing (and freeing) experience ever to watch her just be so confident and able to play!!  This hasn't happened before...it's all because of our Oils. No. Doubt. About. It.!!!
Ellie keeps passing all of her reading tests and has begun to spell out words to us.  She "enjoys" doing her homework and art has given her a new spark in life.  Her drawings are getting so much better and she is becoming more detailed.  Also I am so happy to share that she is now using more than one color on coloring pages and stays "somewhat" within the lines.  She loves to try to do things independently and is hands down the very best helper ever!! She loves so hard and that's one of my favorites!!






Previous Weeks:

Séamus week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, 13 weeks, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17, week 18


Finnley at 19 weeks
Ellie at 19 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley