Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 21

How is it that Séamus is already another week older?  These weeks are just flying by and I have to say that I am enjoying every sleepless minute of it.  Little man is still super chill and a complete joy to have...though he does tend to get a bit unsettled in the car.  He has his hands in his mouth practically all of the time and rarely stays in one spot.



Eats:  we are still breastfeeding.  Sometimes he just snacks and other times he nurses hard.  He nurses through the day and still at night, I feel so much more full at night and that's why I think he is still nursing then.  I absolutely love the convenience of breastfeeding but I am looking forward to having him try some solid foods and to start building up his palate.

Sleeps: Séamus has been a rolling machine and an escape artist.  Not long after putting him down for bed he would get his right arm out, then fuss and fuss until he got his left arm out.  Eventually during the night I would just take him out of his sleep sack and all would be "right" at night.  So this week we started to work on getting him to fall asleep without it, it's been a bit of a trial but now I think we've gotten it down and he has even napped in his crib a couple times quite successfully.  Séamus takes about 3 naps a day, he usually falls asleep on the way to take Ellie to school, again during the day and then often times he's asleep in the car to pick Ellie up.  Around 6:30 tends to be his self appointed bed time and he is usually up for the day around 5:30.



Goes: we worked at our nanny house, to the pool, went to a friends house for cookie decorating, spent time with my dad, out to our favorite Fish House for lunch, to the post office and Target.  But mostly we've been homebodies this week and I am not complaining about it.






Does: as I mentioned above he is sucking/chewing on his hands non-stop, rolling over all the time, and wiggles himself all around on the floor.  He also has his tongue out of his mouth about 90% of the time. He isn't sitting on his own yet but making some great progress.  He loves to pull hair, smile, and grab his toes.

 


Wears:  I have officially packed up all of his 0-3 onesies, picked out a few of the larger looking 0-3 pants and pulled out the 3-6 onesies and pants for him.  He isn't quite long enough for the 3-6 jumpers so he is still wearing the 0-3 that we have.  But oh my gosh do I love the 3-6 outfits we have!! so much cuteness!!


Mama: I've been working hard in my business and just love both the creative outlet and how I get to bring wellness into peoples homes that it provides so much.  Nursing is still what I hope for it to be (though in all honesty my boobs are a bit chapped from some mislatches at nighttime).  I have been using some Rose Ointment on them and it's been really helping a lot.  I have also just been working on myself a lot lately and the confidence that I am gaining through my business and using our oils is the best thing.  I remember so vividly being a social butterfly in High School and College, then I got into the work force and found myself in a shell.  The thought of meeting new people was suffocating, going somewhere where I didn't know what to expect gave me so much anxiety.  Not anymore!!! I live for new experiences, for the unexpected, for the challenge and chance to grow myself.


Sisters: Ellie finally lost her tooth and now I don't have to be grossed out by her wiggling it anymore. She comes home from school with so many stories and is quite the conversationalist.  She is so intune to our feelings and truly loves to give.  She is so kind and caring and helpful.  She has been giving all of the loves to her siblings and plays so well with Finnley.
Finnley is still a fire cracker.  She's been having some rough days and waking up from naps a bit unhappy, we're working on the best approach for her.  She is vibrant and full of life.  She laughs hard, cries hard, and loves hard. She is all about Baby Séa and loves to help out with him.  Despite her big emotions she is the sweetest and kindest girl.  She is a great helper and so so curious about all the things.  Her vocabulary is growing and I love that I can understand more and more about what she is saying.  She loves nuggets from McDonald's and will eat us out of the house with apple sauce.



previous weeks


Finnley at 21 weeks
Ellie at 21 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley