Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 20

If this were a pregnancy...we would be half way through it.  But this isn't, Séamus is here, he's born and he is 20 weeks old!  He is still such a happy baby, loves to eat, and do all the things.  We are doing our best to still do all of our Christmas traditions, though we're a bit more busy than we have been in years past and as I'm on my "minimalist" mission, we seem to pairing down on some of our Christmas Activities this year and honestly, I'm not mad about it.  I digress...this post is supposed to be all about Séamus and little bit about me and the girls (sorry Thomas).



Eats: little man is still all about the boobies and I am so thankful for it.  I think that ever since our doctors appointment I've had a heightened awareness to our nursing sessions, and have been beginning to wonder about how much I am producing.  But I can't let that get to me or consume me so I choose to do the best I can and focus on each of our nursing sessions and to fully embrace and enjoy it.  He is still nursing multiple times a day and we are down to about 2 times at night.

Sleeps: I don't know why I try to do something different when what we're doing is working.  Séamus prefers to be swaddled, and I just need to go with it.  So if he is swaddled he naps pretty good (most of the time), I am thinking that I want to start having him nap in his crib so I will start that this week. He is still in our room, he starts the night in the SnuggleMe that fits in the Halo, and then when he wakes to feed I just bring him into the bed and he finishes out the night in there.  I am pretty sure that his longest sleeping stretch is when he first goes down around 7:15 and then wakes I think between 11-12, though I rarely look at a clock.


Goes: we went to Enchant Christmas this week and it was so beautiful and amazing.  Séamus spent most of the time in the Ergo with me, then he hung out with Thomas while Ellie and I went Ice Skating.  I hosted my annual Ladies Holiday Tea and he was the perfect little gentleman getting all the loves from the ladies.  We went to Wiggleworks and had a baby play date and then to the Library for Play Group.  I also had MOPs so we did that thing too.  We did what we could to keep ourselves busy while also laying low as much as possible.








Does: he started to blow bubbles/raspberries and it's just the best ever!! I was able to get a video of it and it makes my heart so so happy!  He is rolling over from back to tummy all the time and just loves to be on his tummy looking around.  He is quite the wiggler, he doesn't stay in the same spot on the floor anymore.  He loves the bumbo and the exersaucer.  He can almost sit up on his own and I just love helping him work on it.


Wears: I went through his dresser and closet and pulled all of the 0-3 tops and chose my favorites and put the rest in a bag to sell.  Then I got out all of the 3-6 months that we had and Oh My Goodness!! They are all so cute, fit him well, and now he has so many long sleeves!!  





Mama:  I am still loving breastfeeding and spending time with my kiddos every day.  It's crazy how different our schedule is now that Ellie is in full day kindergarten every day.  I have become quite the homebody (well I have always been - who am I kidding) and am really focusing on just enjoying our home and nurturing the relationship between Finnley and Séamus.  I have also been focusing on Oils and I cannot tell you how much this business is giving me life!  The relationships and community that I am gaining from it is so so good.  It almost reminds me of when I was in high school and was quite the social butterfly.  I have been craving for something like this for a while, the wind got pulled from my sails for several years dealing with infertility and the continuous loss of my teaching jobs (thanks budget cuts), but now I see it all so clearly.  This is what I was meant to do.  Never in the 6 years of my teaching career did I wake up in the middle of the night with ideas and passion, or have my mind so excited about something.  It's just unbelievable how much purpose your life can have when you find something you're passionate about.



Sisters:  Finnley is just totally obsessed with Séamus as usual.  She is becoming quite the little sweetie to be around.  She has such a kind heart and is truly a very helpful and sweet girl. Finnley is so observant and loves to serve.  She will always turn the light on for me, bring me my 
phone/keys/purse or put out my shoes for me.  Recently she loves to be carried (probably has something to do with the babe always being in our arms) and I think we are very near to potty training!!
Ellie is still the best big sister.  She is always including Finnley in all that she does, draws pictures on all the paper, and loves to kiss Séamus every chance she can get.  She is an expert at washing her hands, keeps me on track with our routines, and is the sweetest heart.  She shares with her sister, has the biggest imagination and notices when I forget to move that darn elf...she has been singing Christmas songs and is so freaking close to losing her first tooth, which is completely disgusting to me.  Don't worry once it's out I'll be fine, I just have a super hard time watching her wiggle it.  She loves that and will bug me about it all the time...that's how I know I'm raising her right 😉





Previous Weeks


Finnley at 20 weeks
Ellie at 20 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley