Thursday, March 24, 2011

Trying to Keep Up

Ok so I am a week late posting. Last Thursday, I celebrated my 27th Birthday. I was ok with 26 but 27 just seems so old and that much closer to 30. I am no where near where I thought I would be at 27, but God has his own plan for me. I must keep reminding myself of this. For my birthday, as usual, we celebrated at FX McRory's in Seattle. I love their Roasting Box Beef Prime Rib....it is always so delicious and is part of the reason why I look forward to my birthday. Also as usual, they were out of the burnt cream dessert (they are always out of it on my birthday, doesn't matter what time we have dinner) so my plan for next year is to order it when we make the reservations OR as soon as we sit down!!! I am determined to try their Burnt Cream (but now that I think of it, maybe God is sparing me because its not as delicious as I am hoping for...I may never know). It was a wonderful night spent with Thomas and my parents, I am so thankful for my family.

Since my birthday was on a weekday we decided to do my family birthday on Saturday. We had a wonderful meal prepared by my mom and sister, a meal that has long been forgotten (we haven't had the food served in at least 6 years maybe more!) including the cake. I love gifts, I love giving them and receiving them. This year I got a sewing machine from my in-laws and I got some framed artwork that I did myself once upon a time in high school and Our Wedding picture framed. (I had my mom hold onto it until it was time to get framed, no way was I going to be responsible for such a precious picture...Thanks Mom!!!)

I have been trying to keep up with Soup Sunday's but I am beginning to think that maybe it should be called Supper Sunday's (soup can get redundant each week even if its different each time). We made Philly Cheesesteaks this past Sunday and they were so good!

The goats as always are entertaining, the chickens are continuing to produce eggs, the horses still make wonderful lawn ornaments, or should I say MUD ornaments due to all the rain lately, and the puppies are the best in home companions! I am so excited that it is finally spring and I can look towards working in the garden again. Its so much fun to learn each year for what works and what doesn't work. And improving our growing skills. Hopefully we can get some raspberry bushes this year so that they can begin producing!! I planted a rhubarb plant last year, I was so afraid that it died this winter (even though its winter hardy here) because it just all broke off and disappeared, but it survived!!! Its started to bear more stalks albeit only an inch long but its working!! I love rhubarb and I am hoping to harvest enough to make at least ONE pie!! I'll let you know how it goes.

With the first light of sun - Bless You. When the long day is done - Bless You. In your smiles and your tears - Bless You. Through each day of your years - Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley