Wednesday, December 12, 2012

[recipe] Pinspired Cookies

I am hosting my annual Ladies Holiday Tea this weekend so I am getting prepared for it with all my baking.  I have been really into Pinterest lately and I was inspired by an idea I found on in.  I am making the Rolo Stuffed Sugar Cookies/Snikerdoodles.  While they are not complete yet I have started so I thought I would share.

Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1/2
    cup butter, softened
  • 1/2
    cup shortening
  • 2
    cups sugar
  • 1
    teaspoon baking soda
  • 1
    teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/8
    teaspoon salt
  • 3
    egg yolks
  • 1/2
    teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 3/4
    cups all-purpose flour
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat mixture until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. 

    2. Divide dough into Tablespoon portions and wrap around a rolo. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set; do not let edges brown. Cool cookies for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
    YUM!
    ♥ Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley