Thursday, August 8, 2019

Happy 11 Years!!

I can't believe that we are celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary! It seems like it was just a couple years ago that we got married while also a lifetime ago (and I mean that in the best way possible).  I thought that I knew love then, but I fully understand all that it encapsulates now.


Our wedding happened BP (before Pinterest) and I loved it so very much.  We did things a little differently back then but isn't that the way with weddings, always evolving.  I wore green shoes instead of white and everyone had their opinions about it (and let me know it), now so many brides are having a pop of color with their shoes 😂. 

A couple of years ago my sister gave me our mom's wedding dress.  I remember playing dress-up in it when we were little and how my mom always laughed about the "hood" that it came with.  Her dress is 40 years old this year and I thought I would give it a try on and see how it looked.  Finnley and Ellie were the perfect photographers for the job.

The long sleeves (they married in November), the train, the hood, and all the lace...she said it actually had a turtleneck of lace that she had removed (thank goodness 😆).




Ellie was so excited about it she requested that I put mine on too.  Sure thing girlfriend, any chance I have to put my dress on again I will!  It's so fun to see these two dresses nearly 30 years apart in style.  They're still white in color, have lace, and are telling of the decade that we were married.




Our anniversary this year looked a lot different than our first few anniversaries where we went on vacations (even camping 😳), once we had children we decided to include them on our special day.  Last year we basked in the joy of having our newborn IVF baby, this year with all three kids in tow we went back to where it all began, our sweet college town.  Funnily enough we've been back there more times than not around our anniversary so maybe it's a "thing"? 
 
We did more than just have lunch and visit the town...we looked at a couple of houses!! and guess what? We found one that we loved, chatted about it and decided to put in an offer! We aren't going to be moving there, it is going to be an investment property for us.  We are hoping to rent it out during the school year to some college kids and then use it as our "Summer House" as Ellie affectionately calls it.  More details to come as the process proceeds!

After we left our college town we headed back over the mountains towards home.  Traffic was pretty heavy so we decided to stop at a park, nurse Séamus in our spacious van, and let the kids play to wait out the traffic.  We happened to be there during their Summer Festival nights with a Farmer's Market and live music!! All three kids loved the playground and the girls had so much fun dancing with their new friends.  Thomas and I just looked on with pure joy at this family we have made together.  What a way to celebrate 11 years!






Here's to 11 years and so many more!!  I love you Thomas and am so grateful to call you my partner, husband, friend. Life is complete with you in it.

Previous Years:
three
four
five
seven
eight
ten

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley