Monday, March 25, 2019

So this is 35

Last weekend I turned another year older.  I am now 35 years old and it is so much better than I thought it would be.  It's so funny because when you're a teenager you think you know all the things and have your life perfectly figured out...so not true.



I am so much more confident and comfortable in my own skin, I have life experiences that have shaped who I am, and passions that drive me.

So I want to pause and share 35 things about me you might not know!

1. I love Pumpkin Pie and this recipe is my favorite ever!

2. Since we purchased our home in 2008, we have been growing a vegetable garden every single year.

3. We were Annual Passholders at Disneyland the year I finally got pregnant.

4. Loss is no stranger in my life.  My grandpa passed away when I was 8, my mom when I was 27, my horse just days after I turned 30, and 5 miscarriages.

5. I love self development and am a 3w2 on the Enneagram.

6.  Sustainability has been a lifestyle I have been striving for since we got married in 2008.  I don't always make the best choices, sometimes out of convenience and sometimes because I just don't know, but I'm learning and that's what matters.

7. Vacuuming is my very favorite chore, Mopping is my least.

8. Becoming a business owner has brought so much satisfaction, joy, accomplishment, and purpose to my life.  I absolutely adore Essential Oils and the difference they've made in our home and family.  I get so giddy when a new member joins my community because I know all the benefits and goodness that is coming their way and the changes they're going to get to experience!! The more people using oils means that many less chemicals are being introduced into the world!!

9. I am always surprised at what a can of paint can do for home decor and it's probably one of the most satisfying changes to make in your home.

10. I'm obsessed with Martha Stewart and I think she is hilarious.

11. I come from a maximalist upbringing and desire so much to be a minimalist, every day I take one step closer to reducing the amount of stuff we have.



12. I prefer to be barefoot.

13. Traveling with our kids is my favorite way to travel.

14.  I want to go to every Disney Park in the world, so far I've been to 2 (Disneyland and Walt Disney World).

15. My mom was the queen of entertainers and I strive to be like her.  She made all of her food from scratch and always had the best dinner parties.

16.  I have always dreamed of living in a different state than Washington but have no idea where else I want to live.

17.  Green is my very favorite color, it always has been and always will be.  I'm not sure if it's because I was brainwashed into loving green - my birthday is on St. Patrick's Day or if I am just legitimately drawn to it.

18. I love to fill my brain with all the information and know about all the things.  Knowing random facts and sharing them makes me so giddy.

19. I recently started listening to podcasts and now they give me so much life.  I love listening while driving in the car and filling my brain with all the information: minimalism, zero-waste, sustainability, growing your business, essential oils.  You name it, I love it.

20. I love to laugh and I'll laugh at most anything.  That being said my personal sense of humor is incredibly dry and sarcastic that most people just don't get it...could be my delivery or could just be my audience.

21. I am Pro Woman, probably you could consider me to be a feminist but I also lean on the "traditional" roles.  I love to cook and clean and be my family's caretaker but I also love to fix things, problem solve, be in charge and want to be the financial provider for our family.

22. I've danced most of my life but cannot do a pirouette to save my life.


23.  Being a mom is my favorite role I've ever had.  I wouldn't change the way I became a mom for anything, I am so blessed by my children and they give me so much love.

24.  I am honestly married to my best friend, I love our relationship and how we can just be ourselves with each other.  We are equals in our marriage and respect each of our roles.



25. I didn't love being pregnant.  It was not like I had imagined or fantasized about.  I had built it up so much in my head about how amazing it would be and it was a total let down.  There were parts that I appreciated but my overall experience was very clouded by my brain and thoughts and worries thanks to years of infertility and multiple miscarriages.

26. Birth on the other hand was much better and not as scary as I had imagined.  It was exciting, nerve wracking, painful and oddly comforting.

27. I came home from school one day to my mom having a pot bellied pig in the back seat.  We named him Pigger Wilbur Snort Arnold Brewer and he had a song.  At the time my sister and I still played in our playhouse so we had to place for him in the winter time (and he kept escaping) so we gave him to some friends who had a farm.

28. I chose to live on campus in college in the All Girls dorm and it was really my favorite thing ever!

29. I started an Equestrian Club in college my Junior year and it is still going strong.

30. My first real job out of high school was in a jewelry department, then I got a full time job at a small independently owned jewelry store and took a year off of college to work.  Even though I am not a jewelry person I enjoyed working there and learned so much from my seasoned co-workers.

31. I was obsessed with Charmed when I was in High School.

32. In High School my friends would always come over to my house after Football Games on Friday nights and my mom would make us pancakes.

33. My mom introduced me to some of the best things in my life: Harry Potter, Gilmore Girls, Martha Stewart, and the desire to be a Mama.

34.  I used to be an incredibly sentimental person and would hold onto all of the things, then when I got pregnant the switch flipped and I just wanted to get rid of all the clutter and things that didn't bring me joy (that was before I even knew about Marie Kondo!).

35. I've had grey hairs since I was 16 or 17 years old.  I used to be so embarrassed about them, but now I have fully embraced them and have some serious roots that I am not planning on covering any time soon.  This is so crazy because I had dreams of becoming a Hair Stylist when I was a teenager and used to get my hair colored all the time.  I miss that fresh color but the thought of having a head full of virgin hair is so enticing that I just have to stick it out and try!



Now tell me something random about you!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley