Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 32

 Ahh sweet Séamus is 32 weeks old...like what? how did that even happen? He is crawling everywhere, getting into all the things (charging cords are his favorite...), and he got his FIRST TOOTH on March 1st!!


Eats: Oh my gosh this little boy is pretty much eating everything!! He loves bananas, refried beans, and just about anything else you put in front of him.  I just have a couple of purees left and then I think we will be done with those since he prefers more textured foods.  I read this article about Baby's First Foods and it totally changed my entire perspective on feeding baby.  Séamus still loves to nurse but thinks he is so cool to be at the table with us in the high chair eating real food.  Additionally, Ellie finally gets to be a part of his feeding which is so so good for her soul.  She talked all about feeding him bottles when I was pregnant and we have not done any bottles yet, so now that she gets to be a part of his feeding is so special for her - I need to remember that and let her be included more often.


Sleeps: I'm going to say that that tooth did a number on his sleep.  We haven't been able to get back into sleeping through the night...though he is working on a lot of things right now and that is usually followed up by sleepless nights. I am not complaining because I know this is just a season, he WILL sleep through the night eventually and then I will miss him so much. He seems to be in quite the routine right now: asleep by 7:30, up at 9/10 (if I'm up I'll nurse him and put him back in his crib, if I'm asleep he comes into our bed for the night), 12/1 he's up for more boobs and comes into our bed...then any time he makes noise I shove a boob in his mouth so we can sleep.  Pretty soon we're going to have to make some changes on this because I know that I'm a HUGE reason why he isn't sleeping through the night.

Does: Séamus plays so well by himself and puts up with his sisters and their crazy antics.  He is sitting, crawling everywhere, starting to learn boundaries, and is putting all the things in his mouth.  He rides in shopping carts, wants to participate in all the things, and is incredibly inquisitive.

 

 





Goes: we took a day trip to our favorite island, Vashon!  We love all the aspects of this island: the Ferry ride, the beach, the park, the drive, the library, the restaurants, the family time together.  This trip was even more special since Nanny got to come with us! We even attended a Dr. Suess party at the Library and all three kids enjoyed it fully (well Finnley did fall asleep...). He's gone to the grocery store, we had some solo time together while both girls were in school, and we got to be a part of Finnley's fun day in Gymnastics...I think it's safe to say that Séamus loved the parachute!!  We also made a trip up North to my old stomping grounds, took the kids to a childhood park (that is SO much better now) and we put up flyers for selling my horse.




Mama: I've been super reflective this week on the fact that our little man is actually here!! I mean I know that I say this a lot but it is so so true. I often find myself just staring at all three of my children and am in disbelief that they are all here and mine!! The loss experienced and the bumpy road to getting them here is still so fresh in my mind.  I feel so incredibly full and whole, I honestly had no idea that I would ever get to fill this way.  I try my best to be a positive person and to always be moving in that direction.  Even while in the depths of our infertility (where everything seemed horrible) I tried to find ways and reasons to be happy.  That is how I want my kids to view life; to fight through the struggles and keep things positive.  Life isn't always going to be perfect, things are not always going to go your way, you have no control of what happens but you do have control of how you respond. Giving up is not an option and continuing to move forward is the name of the game and so rewarding when you get to the finish line.  I've been working my butt off with my Oils Business an y'all I cannot tell you how much life it is giving me.  Forever and a day I dreamed of being a SAHM, then I got to experience it as a Nanny and now I get to fulfill a part of me as a business owner and I cannot tell you you how much I love it!!  You can join me in my business and start working towards freedom for you and your family too!! I would LOVE to link arms with you and see the difference freedom makes in your life too!



Sisters: both are still completely obsessed. Ellie is all about carrying Séamus around and calling him her sweet little boy, doting on him and just wanting to be a part of everything!!  Finnley has been making sure that he is included in all the things, and given him a couple of bumps and bruises.  We did have an incident on Sunday where Finnley and Séamus were playing around our dining room chairs and Finnley fell on top of him (on a chair).  We got to him quickly but he got a long mark across his forehead but with Lavender and Frankincense applied daily it has cleared up very quickly and he doesn't seem too bothered by it.  Just getting to watch all three of them do their own thing, do their thing together, and enjoy each other is everything I dreamed of but so much better than I hoped!!




So forever grateful to be their Mama!!

Séamus week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, 13 weeks, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17, week 18, week 19, 20 weeks, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25, week 26, week 27, week 28, week 29, week 30, week 31


Finnley at 32 weeks
Ellie at 32 weeks

♥ Ashley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley