Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 35

I'm so behind in posting about Séamus at 35 weeks.  But let me just tell you that he is living life to the fullest and keeping us on our toes.  He is crawling and moving everywhere and pretty much is loving everything about life except maybe the pain that comes with cutting teeth.  Séamus is also a whole 8 months old and I just cannot get over how quickly this year is flying by!




Eats: little Séamus is still a nursing fiend but he is quite the fan of solid foods.  He prefers to have finger foods over purees, aside from sweet potatoes I don't think we've come across anything that he doesn't like...which is so nice!  I still absolutely adore breastfeeding and I don't ever want to stop.



Sleeps: I think we're doing better in this dept.  We had a couple of nights where he slept for several hours and then he has been napping throughout the day.  They have been hit or miss with time duration but I think we've gotten over the hump and we are on our way to better sleep.  He tends to get pretty tired around 7:15-7:30 and I usually get him in his crib by 8:00.  He naps in the car for school drop off (and usually pick up too) and then I have been successful at getting him to nap on his own in his crib a couple of times.  Here is what I've found to be helpful: a full belly, a sleepsack, and Seedlings Linen Spray get it here.



Does: sweet baby boy is crawling everywhere, destroying my house plants, and getting into all the things.  He has become quite fond of pulling up and standing and has been tempted to try to stand on his own...though he hasn't actually tried it yet I know he really really wants to.  His head does take quite a beating, even though he can crawl like a maniac and has been sitting up for nearly 3 months he still will tip over and land hard on his poor little head and he is not a fan.  He is super adventurous, loves the bathtub, and laughs and squeals so so loud.  He has been working on feeding himself and makes the cutest little grunting sound when he is focusing on trying to pick up his food.  His rash has finally started to heal and go away and I still have absolutely no idea what the cause of it was.






Goes: we've been to gymnastics for the girls and I love that he gets to participate in Finnley's class, by crawling all around and playing with the toys.  We've been outside and then just to the regular outings.  Thomas took the girls over the mountains to visit with his parents so it was just Séamus and I for the weekend.  I had some friends over and we had a Supper Club and Séamus was quite the little man during our party.
 

 

 


Mama: feeling so good and at peace!  This has been an amazing month for my business and I am just so pumped to keep the momentum going.  We are growing and bringing Wellness to new families which just absolutely thrills me.  I have had the opportunity to connect more with the people in my life and truly embrace myself and who I am becoming.  I have had times where I have been tired but these kiddos and Thomas keep me going.  I get exasperated but then quickly forget and am so full of love and adoration for my children.  I have been focusing on learning how to be a better mom and how to adapt my parenting skills to meet the needs of my dynamic children....much to my chagrin there is no such thing as "One Parenting Style Fits All" and what works for one child does NOT mean that it will work for the next.  So I am constantly learning, trying new things, and huffing all the Joy and Valor while dousing myself in Peace & Calming and Stress Away.  No matter what it is all so so good.





Sisters:  Ellie is still the best big sister I could have ever asked for.  She is kind, caring, and concerned.  She is stretching her "grown up abilities" and carries Séamus around, is super helpful at helping to unbuckle the littles and is working hard on her reading and remembering to use the bathroom (she just gets so busy playing and learning).  Finnley does what Ellie does and thinks that she can carry him all around as well, which is so terrifying for me.  I have been trying to figure out a way to manage that and my new form of enforcing is to try and get her to grasp that she can only carry Séamus when I tell her too.  So she is quite the help when he is pulling apart my house plants, or getting stuck under the table, or getting into the pantry, or crawling into the bathroom...but she still thinks that she can pick him up whenever and is now the expert on when he is doing an "Oh No Séamey Schu, No No!!" and will just move him as she pleases.  She is loving her preschool, is so excited for her teacher to bring her into class, and lately the weather has been so beautiful that she has been able to go outside for recess at the end of the day!!  There is nothing quite like these three kiddos and I am so so lucky and blessed to get to be their Mama. 









Previous Weeks
Séamus week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, 13 weeks, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17, week 18, week 19, 20 weeks, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25, week 26, week 27, week 28, week 29, week 30, week 31, week 32, week 33, week 34

Finnley at 35 weeks
Ellie at 35 weeks


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley