Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 34

The weather this week y'all, I cannot get over it!! Today is the first day of Spring and we've been in the high 60's low 70's all weekend long!! We've spent our fair share of time outside, playing, enjoying all the sunny goodness (I see you Summer and I can not wait!!).  This week we celebrated my 35th Birthday, did some yard work, and prepped the floors in our Master Bathroom for some new tile!! Goodbye 1989 linoleum!!



Eats: little Séamus is still a boobie boy, though he is leaning more on that solid food more and more.  He really does like to eat all the things.  He loved my shepherds pie I had for my birthday lunch, he ate some pumpkin pie that I made for Pi Day, pizza, bread, corn, rice, and just like Ellie he loves pureed prunes!! He also tried some grapes this week and as far as I can tell he is a fan.  Much like last week, he is most attached to my boobs at night so I am going to try and figure out something new.  Last night we brought a chair into his nursery and when he woke up at 11:15 I sat in there and nursed him then placed him back in his crib.  He stayed in there until 3:30 so I'll call that a win.  We will continue this trend until he will hopefully sleep all night again.



Sleeps: see above for nighttime sleep.  I have been starting to put him in his crib tired at afternoon naptime (around 12:30) and letting him fall asleep on his own.  I figure if he can do it in the car, he should be able to do it in his crib, and if I get him used to it for naps maybe he will be able to do it at nighttime too.



Does: y'all Séamus is pulling up on all the things.  He just adores standing and I think he has a huge urging desire to start walking 😀.  I want him to crawl a little while longer so he can really develop his fine motor skills but I CANNOT wait for walking.  It's one of my favorite stages and the fact that he is working on standing gets us one step closer.




Goes: Séamus still has his rash but has been fine in every other way.  We have been to the Library and Gymnastics and he made some moves for walking.  My Grandpa ended up in the hospital over the weekend so we made a trip up to visit with him and by the time we got there he was doing much better.  We went out for lunch for my birthday and made a Costco run, which looks much different these days with three kids and only getting food items.  Thanks to Young Living we get all of our cleaning products on our Essential Rewards order and use Thieves for all the things, it's safe, plant based, supports our wellness and is more effective than conventional cleaning products!









Mama: I love love loved my birthday this year.  They honestly haven't been the same since my mom passed away but I had so much peace and joy this year knowing that we are all here and all my wishes came true.  We had lunch at a local Irish joint, they gave me some flair for my birthday, and Thomas brought in a candle and lighter (much to my surprise) and highly encouraged my to order a dessert.  It was so special and low key and I really enjoyed it. And believe it or not....I got zero pictures of me and Séamus this week.

Sisters:  I've been trying a new approach with Finnley and her inability to leave Séamus alone.  I am now overly praising her when she is being nice and gentle and leaving him alone.  I've only been at it a couple of days but I think things are better...or maybe I'm just focusing on her positive behavior more? Anyways we are all a bit happier over here so I will just keep it up.  Ellie has been fantastic as ever, carrying him around everywhere, smothering him with kisses, and excelling at school.  She is spelling so many words and remembering what she is learning.  She loves to play, do art, and create things.  I am hands down so lucky for all three of my babies.



Previous Weeks
Séamus week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, 13 weeks, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17, week 18, week 19, 20 weeks, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25, week 26, week 27, week 28, week 29, week 30, week 31, week 32, week 33

Finnley at 34 weeks
Ellie at 34 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley