Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

We had a very nice and calm Valentines Weekend. In the years that we have been together we have only celebrated Valentines at a restaurant once (well now its been twice). The first occasion was when we were both living in the dorms at Central Washington University and did not have access to a kitchen to be able to cook. Our second time was this year, we have been craving Indian food for a while and Thomas thought that this would be a great occasion to go out for it. It was delicious. We usually prepare a meal at home; either Steaks or Chicken Parmesan have been our meals of choice.

I remember our first Valentines, we were at school in Ellensburg. Thomas was living in Timothy Park and I was in Green Hall. We wanted to "surprise" each other for the holiday, so Thomas cooked and I brought the wine. Thomas made is specialty, chicken parmesan with pasta and Uncle Dan's Potatoes. I went to the store and bought wine glasses, ribbon (to decorate the stems since they didn't have red/pink ones) and a bottle of wine. I am not a wine drinker and I think I probably got the cheapest wine I could find and it proved to be disgusting, but we drank it anyway. The meal was great and the company was even better. Somehow we lucked out with Thomas's roommates being out of the house so our evening was uninterrupted.

This year on Friday, I needed to stop at the store on my way home to get a few things and was craving, what my family calls "Brown Rice" so I got the ingredients. While I was there I decided that we needed to have more than rice for dinner so I got some steak and a loaf of bread. I don't know what I did to the steak that night but it was the BEST steak I have ever made or ate in my life. I cooked it to perfection, it was deliciously seasoned and was just the right amount. So our whole meal was; Steak, Brown Rice, Celery Au Gratin and Rosemary Potato Bread. Delish!

For Valentines, we went to Sumay Indian Cuisine, its also known as KARMA in Puyallup off of Meridian. We are so happy and lucky to have such a wonderful Indian Restaurant near our house. We enjoyed our meal and then came home to have a Red Velvet Cupcake that my Mom made on Saturday. What a wonderful evening.

I love my Valentine and He loves me!

"May you never find trouble all crowdin' and shovin'. But always good fortune - all smilin' and lovin'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley