Sunday, November 20, 2011

[recipe] Soup Sunday - Spaghetti Soup

Today I made Spaghetti Soup for dinner. It was pretty good. We would give it a rating of 7/10. I think the reason that it only got a 7 is because I really like pasta, and if I added too much pasta to this it would not have been soup - Just spaghetti.

Here is the recipe if you would like to try it.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups water
28 oz diced tomatoes (organic)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (organic) 13-15 oz or more I used a 28 oz.
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and fresh ground pepper
Dash red pepper flakes
2 oz dried spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces

Directions:

1. In a Dutch oven, cook meat, onion, green pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat. Stir until meat is browned, broken into pieces and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat.

2. Add water, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and red pepper flakes to meat mixture. Bring to a boiling and let boil for 10 minutes. Add broken spaghetti, return to boil and then reduce the heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Serve with your choice of bread and/or salad. We used Garlic Bread. We also used Linguine instead of spaghetti -- and I added extra.

What are you cookin' for dinner? Any traditions?

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley