Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. It was a blessed day getting to celebrate it with my Momala. The Lord has continued showing His Grace with us this year and providing these wonderful opportunities to spend time with our mom.

It was a little nerve wracking for me, cooking my first Turkey and all. I did a trial run in August when I roasted a chicken for Thomas and my anniversary. But alas, my studies of Martha Stewart have proven useful as I did great job with the turkey. My apologies - there are no pictures of the meal but you can at least see the table. In addition to the Turkey, I made green bean casserole, dressing, and pureed parsnips (from our garden) as well as the Gravy (with my sister's help). The rest of the family brought their favorites; corn bread stuffing, creamed brussel sprouts, jello salad, oyster stuffing, cranberry chutney, mashed pataters, and waldorf salad for some crunch, a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie. It was delish and so much fun having everyone enjoy the meal at our house.

My husband did an EXCELLENT job cleaning up the house as I prepared the food, he also cleaned up the kitchen and table while I was visiting with the fam! Thank you THOMAS!



The napkins I made for The Parsons Thanksgiving, and then got to use for mine today!


A lovely fire for this blessed day!


I am so Thankful for all the many blessings provided by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

♥ Ashley


1 Chronicles 16:34


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley