Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fall Recipes - Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Y'all are in for some serious luck here.  It's no secret that we love ourselves some pumpkin here on the farm...pumpkin pie is Thomas' favorite dessert and I will often make him one for his birthday in June. Pumpkin knows no season in our house 😉 but sometimes a pie can be more work than I'm in the mood for, good thing I have a delicious and easy alternative!

I'm sharing an updated version of my delicious Pumpkin Crunch Cake.  I've been making it for years and it just gets better and better every time. I originally shared it here and it seriously is easier than pie!!







First we need to gather up all our ingredients:

1 box of cake mix (I used vanilla but Spice Cake is my favorite)
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can pumpkin
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 T maple syrup (optional)
3 eggs
2 sticks butter, melted



Next we need to get everything put together:

• Preheat oven to 350º

• In a large bowl combine the condensed milk, pumpkin, pie spice, syrup, and eggs.  Mix together with a whisk until well combined.



• next in a 9x13 backing pan spray with cooking spray and pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pan.


• Next open box of cake mix and gently pour all over pumpkin mixture, spread out with fingers or spatula as needed to cover every nook and crany.


• Melt butter and pour over cake mix, use spatula to spread around a bit.


• Then pop the pan (carefully) into preheated (350º) oven and bake for 60 minutes.  When it comes out the top should be golden brown and the pumpkin mixture set.  Set aside and let cool.


For the frosting drizzle:

3 T cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter, softened
1 T milk
2 c powdered sugar

Using an electric beater mix together ingredients until smooth and spreadable/pourable consistency...may need to add more milk.  Then drizzle all over pumpkin crunch cake, slice and serve.  We love it cold out of the fridge but is also delish at room temperature!





This really couldn't be any easier or more delicious! Make it this for you or your loved ones tonight, you won't be disappointed!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley