Thursday, October 25, 2012

Adoption Update

Well it has been a crazy few weeks here over on the farm.  I have been debating about whether or not to write a post about this...but as I am a teacher I like to share my experiences with others.  Also I would find this to be beneficial for myself so I am sure that it will be for others.

About a month ago, I got a phone call from our agency letting me know that a birth mom (BM) would like to meet us!!!  Hubby and I were ecstatic about this news.  Once we were given the contact information I gave her a call.  We talked for almost an hour and planned to meet up the following weekend in her hometown. We met up with her and while things may have been a little awkward in the beginning, I am sure that is to be expected, our conversation evolved and we became comfortable with each other and had many laughs.  Things ended well at our first meeting and we talked about making plans to meet up again.  A few days following our meeting she had an ultrasound and was able to find out the sex of the baby, she is having a girl!!! Which means that we are having a girl!!  However, this has been making her decision more difficult (which I guess is normal for most BMs when they find out they are having a girl - I totally understand).  Fast forward to this week.  Our BM is really struggling with her decision as to whether or not she wants to adopt.  This is understandable and we totally respect whatever decision she makes, but it is hard.  So now we need to give her some space.  She did say that if she does choose to give her child up for adoption that we would be the couple for her.  Our agency has assured us that there will be a baby for us, this we know, and they will continue to show us.  So we might have a different baby that comes sooner that what we thought.  We are trying to keep our hopes up and our faith and we know that God will provide for us and put us in the best situation for us.

♥ Ashley

4 comments:

  1. i can only imagine the many emotions and feelings both and the BM are feeling throughout this process. even if she doesn't decide to let you adopt her baby although i hope she does there is the baby that was meant for you and your husband to parent out there, just gotta keep the faith and hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meg!!!! We know there is a baby out there for us too!! Keeping our faith in the Lord!!

    ♥ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How exciting! I hope you hear some good news soon!

    I am adopted so I always get a bit excited when I find other adoption-related blogs!

    Dropping by from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you must really be living on pins and needles right now.....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley