Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Days of Christmas {our Advent Calendar}

It's December 1st today and I am in total shock because that means that we only have 23 days until Christmas Eve and 24 days until Christmas!! 

This is such a magical time of year and season in Ellie's life that we want to make the most of it.  Sometimes it doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day but if you have something that is important to you, you make time.

A few years ago I made an Advent Calendar that was similar to one I saw at PB several years ago at a fraction of the price.  I love how it hangs over the back of a door and the pockets are large enough for some small gifts or chocolates if we feel like doing that.  Last year I made little cards that listed a variety of activities that can be used from year to year, just put them into different days.

Here is what we have planned for our Advent Calendar this year:


In addition to these items we are going to try and go to a Santa Parade and see if our Elf wants to come for an Elf breakfast on Sunday...she is still without a name and is a fairly lazy Elf - which I really appreciate.  She doesn't get into any mischief and I highly doubt she makes it back to the North Pole every night since she rarely moves, I think we will be lucky to see her move about 8 times this year!!  ha 

We are also planning on watching a few of our favorite Christmas Movies and you know I have all the new Hallmark Christmas Movies all queued up to record ;)

What is on your Advent Calendar?

♥ Ashley

7 comments:

  1. So many fun activities! We are starting our advent calendar today too and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just before dinner we were scrambling to the book store to get the dang elf.. I had to haha.. but I put Stefan in charge so hopefully she moves every night?! LOVE your advent ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! It's such a crazy time of year but now that Kenley is older & gets it, I want to make sure I make this season as magical as possible!!! Definitely stealing some ideas from your list! Our Elf is still "at the North Pole" so consider your elf on the ball! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I've never seen an advent calendar of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bought a gorgeous wooden advent calendar at a Christmas shop when we were at the ocean this summer. It has all these little doors that open from a beautiful Christmas scene and I love it so much! We didn't manage to unpack it until a few days into December, and Ryder doesn't really "get" it anyway, but next year I'm totally going to copy some of the items from your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your post on an old Tuesday Talk post. I am having a linkup Christmas in July going on now at www.grammietime2.blogspot.com and I would love for you to link this post there. Linkup is up till Tuesday morning. Hope you join us.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley