Monday, July 10, 2017

Oh Monday Monday

We had a bit of a crazy weekend if I'm being honest.  



Friday was Cooper's birthday (he turned 10) and he and Sakari started fighting which ended up with Cooper getting bitten in the mouth.  He was pretty swollen for a couple of days but it's gone way down and he doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.  I officially joined the Mom Club when I arrived at Target and realized that I had on two different shoes...I always wondered how that happened and now I understand.  We went over to Thomas' brother's house for dinner.  Ellie had a complete blast playing with her cousins, jumping on the trampoline and putting on a show, while Finnley watched longingly just waiting to be old enough to jump too.  When we got back home my new charging cord had arrived (similar) and let me tell you how much I love having a longer cord, this should be the standard length.  Now I can look at my phone in bed while it's plugged in and I just have to say it is wonderful.



Saturday we spent the day on our favorite island.  We were recently asked what draws us to the island.  The ferry boat ride is a huge pull, it takes us about 30 minutes to arrive at the dock, there is rarely a huge line up to get on and the whole ride is around 15 minutes long.  We love to explore the beaches, parks, and have never had a bad thing to eat.  Also, it's extremely rural - there are no traffic lights, just two blinking red lights at 4 way stops.  Life is much slower on the island and seriously that is just what we need sometimes.  On this recent trip we hit up their Farmer's Market, tried out a new coffee shop (that has earlier hours) and I got my latte with housemade organic caramel and hemp milk...I've been converted! We found a new beach that is basically perfection.  There are tide pools, a sand volleyball court, grass, and the sandy beach...not to mention the view is spectacular!  The girls adored being out on the beach.  Playing in the sand, throwing rocks into the ocean, and searching for seashells were their favorite things while I was obsessed with the tide pools and all the tiny little crabs! Finnley had so much fun that she fell asleep on the way to lunch and spent most of the time in the restaurant sleeping on the booth at one of the Mexican Restaurants, with the chips they brought out hot salsa, spicy coleslaw, and refried beans, our meal was delish and we will for sure be returning again.  We got back home in the mid afternoon, played in the backyard, did some garden clean up, made dinner and just enjoyed the beautiful weather we are experiencing here in the PNW.












On Sunday, Thomas made a run to the store to get some essentials (eggs) and they we stayed home all morning.  I made French Toast with some amazing bread we got from the island and I am not sure there is any other way to have it from here on out ;)  The girls played and Finnley walked laps around our house, I'm pretty sure she clocks in at least 20,000 steps a day, and then she went down for an early long nap.  While Finnley napped we did some more yard work, I pruned some trees, weeded the vegetable garden, did some watering and cleaned up Ragtime's paddock, Thomas moved all the downed limbs out to the pasture for the goats, mulched around our blueberries, went on a bike ride with Ellie, and they washed his car.  We had a quick lunch and then got ready to head up North to my Grandparents for a swim in their pool and some dinner.  I had set up with my siblings for us all to have a visit together (unfortunately one of the cousins was sick and had to stay home) and then we were surprised when one of our cousins showed up with her kids too!  I am sure that our Grandparents were just in heaven having all (minus one) of their great grandchildren over at the same time.  There are 9 great grandchildren in total, 2 sets of boy twins, and all of them under 5 years old!!







how was your weekend?

♥ Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley