Friday, September 6, 2019

Tips for a Cozy Fall

Can you believe Fall is upon us?  I have to admit that it is one of my favorite seasons, it is so welcome after a hot summer to have those cool mornings and evenings.  I love all the activities that are associated with Fall: pumpkin patches, apple cider, leaf art, back to school excitement, scarves and sweaters, and a desire to stay in and have Soup Sundays.



Fall can also be hectic with schedules and trying to get in all the things before the weather turns.  I had all intents and purposes to decorate my house for Fall today but that just didn't happen...so I'll just tell you what to do 😆 Do as I say, Not as I do!!

ONE

Throw Blankets.  Hands down one of the easiest ways to cozy up your home.  Throw them on a display ladder, on the foot of your bed, or over the arm of your couch.  You could also toss a couple into a basket that you can pull out when you need some extra snuggles.  I am loving these blankets:





TWO

Baked Goods.  I love it when Fall rolls around and it's finally acceptable to bake Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread, and Pumpkin Muffins all the live long day!  Pumpkin Pie is an absolute favorite of Thomas's and with some key additions to our recipe it is better than ever!  Being in the kitchen and baking pies reminds me of my mom.  She was an expert baker and cook too for that matter, and her pies were always the best.

THREE

There is something about Fall and tea for me.  I love to cozy up on the couch with a blanket and a mug of tea.  I used to drink my tea black and then last year, I learned about the immune supporting properties of making a Wellness Tea 😍 with Essential Oils. I started making it and I cannot stop drinking it all Fall and Winter long!  Grab a cookie or a muffin or a scone and you've got yourself the perfect treat!

Making Wellness Tea couldn't be easier.  Just brew a mug of your favorite tea and then add in a drop of Thieves Vitality + a drop of Lemon Vitality + a drop of Copaiba Vitality and a spoonful of local honey to sweeten it up.  Stir it all together and enjoy the spicy flavor and all the immune support!



Why Thieves? Thieves is a special blend of essential oils that known for supporting the immune system

Why Lemon? Lemon is great for detox and cleansing

Why Copaiba? Copaiba has some pretty spectacular inflammation supporting properties to it.

Why Honey? Local honey is going to give you so many antibacterial properties that are unique to your area and it's a natural form of sweetener that is easier for you body to breakdown.

FOUR

Cozy Diffuser Blends.  Gone are the days of burning candles because of this, this and this, just say no to unnecessary toxins in your home.  But, just because we aren't burning candles in our home doesn't mean we can't still get that candle glow or cozy scents.  Diffusing Essential Oils can check all of those boxes, plus some!!  You can get diffuser's from so many places online, I've gotten several off of Amazon (here and here) but I love the one's from Young Living especially the Lantern Diffuser and the Desert Mist.  They are great decorative pieces and they both have a "Candle Flicker" setting so I'm not missing out on that Hygge!

Plus there are so many blends that you can make with just a handful of oils that will remind you of those candle counterparts you used to get.  

🍂 Here are some of my favorites🍂


Whey do I love Diffusing?
+ Space!! The little bottles of my Young Living oils are so tiny and take up way less space than those huge 3 wick candles
+ Safety! With three young children in my home I don't want to have to worry about setting my house on fire if they bump into a burning candle...or the hand towel in the bathroom gets dropped on the flame...or if I get distracted out on the farm and they're watching a show in the house.
+ Clean Up! Have you ever knocked over a candle or wax warmer and the wax got every where? Even in your carpet or on the couch? what a nightmare...especially when its a red or orange colored wax on your cream/white colored carpet and furniture 😱.  I have ZERO fear of that happening when I'm diffusing because its just a couple drops of essential oils and water, super easy clean up!!

Are you ready to ditch the candles and start diffusing? I would love for you to join my community where you'll learn all about your oils, different diffuser blends, and how to make your own perfume with essential oils too! Click here to join!

Happy Fall!!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley