Monday, November 19, 2018

Our Favorite Pumpkin Pie

Happy Thanksgiving Week!!

I did a poll on my Facebook several weeks ago about "What your Favorite Pie is" and so many people chose Pumpkin, this made my heart swell because it's my favorite too.  We actually have Pumpkin Pie all year long.  I've been making the same recipe for about 8 years and just recently updated it to use some Essential Oils because their flavor is seriously the best!


I'm so grateful that Young Living has their Vitality line of oils, so that I know they are safe to consume...talk about that Easy Button!!  Incorporating EOs into my cooking and baking has seriously been so much fun!

I'm not going to lie, I'm sort of a Pie Snob so naturally I think mine is the best 😉

I didn't used to like Pumpkin Pie, it was mushy and didn't have much flavor. But then I came across a recipe, failed to include an ingredient (oversight) and it turned out to be my favorite ever!!  It is fully of spicy pumpkin flavor and firm.  It is as simple as can be!

I use my mom's pie crust recipe because she made the best!

Pie Crust (makes a double crust):

2 1/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
1 stick butter
1 stick margarine 
1 tsp salt
5 Tbsp cold water (or more)

+ In a food processor add in flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse a few times to mix. 
+ Cube up the butter and margarine add into the processor.  Pulse a few times to mix
+ Add in 3 Tbsp cold water and pulse to combine, add in more water as needed and process until dough comes together.
+ Dump out onto a flour surface.  Divide in two, wrap up one half and place in the fridge to use later.  With the remaining half, roll out to fit your pie dish and place into your pie dish.  Roll and crimp the edges and then put into fridge to cool down.




Pumpkin Pie Filling:

1 can Pumpkin
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Egg
2 drops Clove Vitality
2 drops Thieves Vitality
2 drops Nutmeg Vitality
3 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Cardamom

+ Preheat Oven to 375༠ 
+ Whisk all ingredients together until well combined
+ Pour into prepared pie crust shell. Cover edges with a Pie Shield or foil
+ Bake for 60-70 minutes or until filling is set in the center
+ Let cool and refridgerate for at least 3 hours


+ Slice and serve on its own, with Whipped Cream (made extra special with 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality), or Vanilla Ice Cream!


Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley