Sunday, October 30, 2011

[recipe] Soup Sundays - West Virginia Governor's Stew

Soup Sunday!

I finally think I am getting back into this Soup Sunday thing...at least I hope that I am. This week soup (the pictures do not do it justice) is West Virginia Governor's Stew. So good. Here is the recipe (its from the family).


Ingredients:
2-3 lbs of carrots; peeled and shredded
2 sweet onions; diced
4-6 cloves of garlic; smashed
1 lb lean Hamburger
1 lb ground chicken/turkey
1 large can of V8 juice
2 cans of Cream of Celery soup
salt & pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Directions:
In 8 quart pan saute onions in a little oil or butter after about 2 minutes add garlic season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 8 minutes then add meat season with salt and pepper. Cook meat until browned. Add V8 juice and carrots. Cook on a low bubble for 10 minutes. Add the cans of soup (no water) and cayenne pepper, cover and cook over med-low heat for about 20 minutes.

Serve with cornbread or your favorite rolls.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe. It has been a family favorite for a long time and has made it to many tailgates!

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds so good! I've never seen a soup recipe quite like this! I love your soup sunday idea! By the time we get out of church and home it's almost 2:00 & I don't want to have to cook - I think I need to initiate a soup Sunday and have something in the crock pot waiting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley