Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas at the Parsons

I love the Christmas Season. It is the time of year that Thomas proposed to me, actually we just celebrated our 5th anniversary yesterday. On the actual day we were going on our annual family outing, the two of us and each of our parents. The 6 of us do a Holiday gathering each year and either go to a play, musical, symphony, dinner, lunch, and or shopping. It is a wonderfully fun time and a great tradition that we are looking forward to continuing in the future. On December 6, 2006 we were going to see White Christmas at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle. We all met up at my parents house and were having some Hors d'oeuvres when Thomas said he had an announcement. He asked me to stand and then went on some tangent about how great I am and that he loves me. (It was very sweet and my mom was bawling at this point). Then he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. While I was trying to come up with some smart remark (as I was embarrassed at having this happen in front of the parents) my mom shrieks 'YES, YES she WILL marry you! Ashley what is WRONG with you? Answer him!" I guess there was no turning back at this point. So then I answered him "Yes Thomas, I will marry you!" He put on the ring and we had a champagne toast! Then we had Thomas do it over so that we could get pictures. It was a magical evening, one I will never forget and I am so glad that our parents got to experience it first hand!

(sorry I do not have pictures of this event on this computer, I will have to go through my catalog of picture cds to find them)

I also love the Christmas Season because of all the holiday decorations and the preparations for the Birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, as he is the real reason for the holiday.

Here are some pictures of what our house looks like decorated for Christmas this year, "so far".



My garland I made for $6+ from the Dollar Tree! Plus the bead garland from Crate and Barrel at $4.95 all in all it cost just over $11!






My every season white glitter branch tree.





Hope this gives you some inspiration! The ornaments on my little trees are from Target, I get them after Christmas when they are 60% off. Most of the ornaments on our large tree are from Wights and then we have gotten some on our vacations.

For more inspiration check out this blog

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley