Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

I found this great website that gives the meanings of the 12 Days of Christmas and you can also get a daily devotional from this for each of the 12 Days. The 12 Days of Christmas actually starts on Christmas Day, Dec 25th and goes through the day of Epiphany on Jan 6th.

On the first day of Christmas my True Love gave to me A Partridge in a Pear Tree:

[1st Day of Christmas:  Nathan Harris]


The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, whose birthday we celebrate on December 25, the first day of Christmas. In the song, Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge that feigns injury to decoy predators from her helpless nestlings, recalling the expression of Christ's sadness over the fate of Jerusalem: "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! How often would I have sheltered you under my wings, as a hen does her chicks, but you would not have it so . . . ." (Luke 13:34)
Daily Devotional Readings*
[Psalm 2, 85] [Micah 4:1-5] [1 John 4:7-16] [John 3:26-31]

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley