Tuesday, November 6, 2012

[recipe] Cranberry Crumble Bars

I am sorta getting back in the saddle.  Here is today's post for Tasty Tuesdays!!!  Like I mentioned in my last post it was getting the ingredients for this and missed all of our trick or treaters.  This was a delicious recipe and I am definitely making these again.  They were soft and moist and had just the right amount of cranberry - thinking I might try these with a pumpkin filling.

Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart

Ingredients:

Filling -
1 can (14 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce

Dough -
2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
2 cups All Purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp course salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg (beaten slightly)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats

Directions

  1. Filling: If making your own, pulse dried cranberries and granulated sugar in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Transfer to a saucepan. Whisk cornstarch into cold water, then add to cranberry mixture, whisking to combine. Stir in juice. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and sugar dissolves, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool completely.
  2. Dough: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, and line with parchment, letting 2 long sides overhang edges. Butter parchment, then flour parchment and sides of pan.
  3. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add brown sugar and butter, and stir until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla, then oats and walnuts.
  4. Press half the dough into pan. Spread the filling evenly over the dough, then crumble remaining dough on top of filling. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack, about 1 hour, then lift out using parchment. Cut into 2-inch squares.



    I didn't take pictures because I forgot so this picture is also from MSL.



    I hope you enjoy - we sure did!!!

    Linked to: Tasty Tuesdays


    ♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley