Wednesday, July 1, 2015

{little things} Tea Time

On Monday I wrote a recap of our week in Sun Peaks, one of our favorite parts of our vacation was the Tea Time our resort had for all its occupants.  Before we left for our trip we checked out TripAdvisor and about 95% of the reviews mentioned how great the Tea was.  As a tea lover and tea party thrower myself I was looking forward to seeing how it's done in Canada.  You guys it was fabulous.  They made fresh homemade scones everyday and each day they were different.  It was so fun to see what the scone of the day was going to be; now I want to make scones at least once a week!

Quite a few months ago Ellie mastered the art of drinking out of a big girl cup, though we only give her plastic kid cups.  Those kind weren't available at the resort and girlfriend wanted to join in with us and the tea drinking (her milk just wasn't going to cut it).  So I filled up a tea cup with ice water and told her she could have some "tea" she was in love....with the ice!





On our last day she started to get a little creative with her "tea flavors" adding a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.



funnily enough she actually liked her salt and pepper tea!!  Ellie had so much fun at Tea Time and eating her ice cubes on our vacation that it is something we are going to have to do at home at least once a week.  Its these little moments that really make our life rich.

♥ Ashley

linking up here

5 comments:

  1. Salt and pepper tea lol! That's so cute that she can drink her tea out of a tea cup :) She's getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so sweet!! So much fun :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What a neat addition to a hotel that the guests can enjoy! I have always thought about hosting a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just adorable! I was looking into the tea they have at Disney's Grand Floridian because it is so sweet. I think we'll hold off on it until Aria is a wee bit older with better drinking manners =) I like the idea of doing it at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Ellie is adorable with her tea! So glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley