Monday, November 5, 2018

Essential Oils - My Story

Essential Oils.  What are they? Why would you want them? Is there a difference between the oils?

Essential Oils are the life blood or essence of a plant.  They are power packed with all sorts of wellness boosting properties; from emotional support, to seasonal support, to immune and digestion support!!

We use Essential Oils in our home to help keep us above the wellness line and to support our body systems for when there is an imbalance.  Since bringing Essential Oils into our home we have taken on a more holistic approach to our wellness and focus on preventing rather than treating.  Additionally the section of our pantry that has been devoted to OTC has greatly reduced allowing us more space and better organization!!

There is a huge difference between all the Essential Oils available on the market.  I switched to Young Living because of their Seed to Seal promise, the efficacy of their oils, the education and support that is provided, and because I wouldn't trust any other oil with my sweet kiddos.





How I got Started 


I started using Essential Oils about 5 years ago.  We were on a vacation in Vancouver, Canada and I happened upon a holistic, crunchy looking storefront that was just calling to me.  Turns out they were an Essential Oils store and full of all sorts of fascinating information.  I began speaking with one of the employees about my head tension and she let me know "There is an Oil for that!!" I was hooked and bought their head tension set.  I loved their holistic approach to wellness and knew deep down that I wanted to do something similar.  On each of our subsequent trips to Vancouver we had to pop in so I could get more! But traveling to another country to get my oils was not very cost effective.

A year later, I learned about another company and purchased their "starter kit".  When it arrived I was so excited for the opportunity for holistic wellness (and the potential business side), unfortunately I was not given any support or help with using my oils.  They mostly sat in my bathroom closet and were used minimally: Tea Tree for blemishes, Lemon in my water, and Peppermint for head/muscle tension.  The rest of the oils just sat because I didn't know what to do with them...same thing with the business opportunity.  It was equally frustrating because about 1 month after making this investment I learned about Young Living and had this regretful feeling that I made a mistake.
It took several years of watching, reading and learning to confirm that I wanted to switch.

So when one of my friends started posting about their Young Living Essential Oils and what they were using them for.  My interest was piqued. Honestly, I had no idea how much of an impact they could have on our emotions and I am so glad they do! Then when she shared about being a distributor I knew I had to jump on board with her.  I knew that by joining her team I would have the ability to get totally serious about the oils and use them for all sorts of support. And I would have a friend in the business to hold my hand and to run with.  It was the opportunity I was holding out for.  While in the back of my mind I wish I would have switched earlier, I wouldn't get to do this with the amazing team I'm on.  It was meant to be.




Why I chose Young Living

  As I mentioned above, I have tried out a few different companies for my oils and the quality of the Essential Oils from Young Living are extremely apparent.  I love their Seed to Seal promise, where basically they are a part of the entire process from testing the soil and seeds, to planting and growing organically (hand picking weeds!!), to harvesting at the peak time to their low steam distillation process.  You can learn more at SeedtoSeal.com about this amazing promise.  I was pretty much sold on Young Living at that point and that I could join my friend in the journey!! So, I started like most everyone else in Young Living,  I got myself the Premium Starter Kit with the Desert Mist diffuser.



Additionally the support, knowledge, education, and variety of products that I have received with Young Living has made such a difference for me that I just knew right away that I wanted share that with everyone I know.  Essential Oils can be daunting and overwhelming when you're first starting out (that's why I wasn't using mine to their fullest potential for the past 4 years) BUT they don't have to be.  When you sign up with the right person you will get all the information you need so that you will feel empowered to use your oils!!  I am forever grateful for the community I get to be a part of with this journey...and really it is a journey because the information out there for all of the oils is so vast no one can ever know it all them self.


How We Use our Oils

 I know what you're thinking...that's great Ashley but what do YOU use your Essential Oils for?  I use them for pretty much everything and it's amazing.  The Starter Kit comes with 11 oils and I have used 10 of them practically every day in one way or another, (Lavender, Lemon, Copaiba, Peppermint, Frankinsence, Digize, Panaway, Stress Away, Thieves, and Citrus Fresh) as well as additional Oils and products I've added to my Essential Rewards order each month.


I use Essential Oils to support sleep in my house for all of us.  The girls have a small diffuser in their room and let me tell you that it was life changing for their transition into sharing a room and actually getting to sleep.  We have a diffuser in our room and when you share with a newborn, sleep is paramount!!



I use Essential Oils to clean our home! It's nontoxic and smells amazing.


I use Essential Oils to support our moods and emotions.  The diffuser in our living room is running practically all day, every day.  And we were utilizing all of calming and stress reducing oils while Finnley was healing from a broken collarbone and learning how to live life with one arm in a sling for 3 solid weeks.



I use Essential Oils to support our immune systems as we are knee deep in Fall and Winter...nobody has time to be below the wellness line!

I use Essential Oils to support tummy troubles and muscle/head tension.

I use vitality Essential Oils to boost flavor in the kitchen, whether it's for beverages or in my cooking.

I also use Essential Oils to support our skin.  

I use Essential Oils to purify the air, eliminate odors and make our home smell amazing.  I honestly haven't really been one to burn candles in my home (I did on rare occasions) but now that I am diffusing all the Fall Blends: everyone comments on how nice my home smells.  That makes me feel so giddy and happy that not only does it smell great but we're all benefiting from the oils!!


More about Young Living

Young Living is so much more than Essential Oils, they have a whole line of cleaning products, the Thieves line that is plant based and free of chemicals and toxins.  They have skincare and makeup products, a Kids line, a Baby line, an Animal line, as well as supplements and Essential Oil infused food and drinks!  All of them free of chemicals and toxins, you don't have to worry about what the ingredients are.






I really love all of the things that Young Living has to offer and I don't want to keep it a secret and to myself.  I want to share it with all of you!! I want to help support you and your family to live your best life.  That is why I am so excited about being a part of the Young Living team and I want you to join me!  I want to help guide you on this journey and join me at Life, Kids and Oils!!  
Let's do this together.

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley