Sunday, January 1, 2012

[recipe] Happy New Year!! and Enchiladas

Hello my readers (if there are any at all). I hope that you are enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas posts I am doing.

Well it is the New Year. I cannot believe that we are already at 2012, man they say that time goes by quickly as you get older and they are NOT lying. I think that 2011 was filled with so many things that made me live month to month just trying to survive they all sorta meshed together, as I was in a "Fog" most of the time. I hope that this year goes by in a way where I can really slow down, enjoy and appreciate the day to day.

I am not big on New Year's resolutions because they do seem so hard to stick to. (I do most of the time participate in "Lent" even though I am not Catholic.) But one of my goals this year is to do push-ups everyday. My plan is to do 10 push-ups everyday for the month of January and then add an additional 5 each month so that hopefully by December I will be doing 65 push-ups everyday. But lets start small and stick to 10 for the month of January.

Also, Thomas and I have started the tradition of a New Years Day enchilada feast. We started it last year and are hoping that it continues and grows each year. Since Christmas landed on a Sunday, there was no Soup Sunday and that New Years was on a Sunday, there was no Soup Sunday today. But I do have a recipe to share and that is for the Enchilada's that I made. They are a recipe I got from my Momala so they will continue to be very special to me (I have added my spin to it -- see the Orange additions)

Ingredients:

3 cups of Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
1 4 oz can of Green Chiles (chopped)
1 7 oz can of Green Chile Salsa
1 small can Medium Enchilada Sauce
2 cups Grated Jack Cheese + extra for topping
3/4 tsp Salt and Pepper
2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1 large can Mild Enchilada Sauce
18 Tortillas

Directions:

1. Pre-Heat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl combine chicken, green chiles, green chile salsa, cheese and small can enchilada sauce. In a separate bowl whisk together cream, salt/pepper, and large can of enchilada sauce.

2. Warm tortillas in the microwave (to soften). Then dip tortilla in the cream/sauce mixture and place into a greased baking dish. Add 1/4 cup (give or take) of the chicken mixture and roll the tortilla up, placing seam side down in the baking dish. Continue until you run out of room or tortillas. (you may need a second or third baking dish). Once all tortillas are in the dish, pour over the rest of the cream/sauce mixture. Top the enchiladas with extra cheese.

3. Place enchiladas in the upper half of the oven for 30 minutes or until warmed all the way through. Serve with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Spanish Rice and Beans (refried, black, or pinto). YUM!

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I hope to post a new recipe every Sunday for the year. We will see how I do. (don't hold your breath!)

♥ Ashley


I have almost finished all of my intimate postings on my other page of this blog. You can find it on the right hand side bar under My Infertility Journey. I have felt a great sense of peace and relief since writing these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley