Monday, January 9, 2012

[recipe] Monday Night Dinner

Thought I would share the meal I made tonight (with the help of dear hubby!). I like my steak plain, by plain I mean Johnny's Seasoning Salt and fresh ground pepper. I also like myself a thin cut bone in Rib-eye, why thin cut?? because they are more consistent and easier to cook in my opinion. Add some Brewer Brown Rice and YUMM!!

Sorry no pictures...didn't last long enough on the plate!!

So here is what I do.

For the Steak:

my choice of steak: thin cut bone in rib eye.
Johnny's seasoning salt
fresh ground pepper

take meat out of package, dry off with paper towels, and start seasoning each side generously with the salt and pepper. Flip over and season the other side. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to "marinate" and bring up to room temperature for more consistent cooking.

After 20 minutes, heat a skillet on the medium high-high heat with about 1 tablespoon butter. Wait until skillet is super hot (so that when you put your meat on it sizzles and will create a good sear/crust to keep in the juices) lay the meat down on one side. Cook for 3 minutes on each side and you have a medium-medium rare piece of meat. let rest about 5 minutes to redistribute the juices. Delish!

For the Brewer Brown Rice:

This is a recipe I got from my mom, not sure where exactly it came from but I will attribute it to her, because I want to. It is SUPER easy and everyone's favorite after they try it. (its my favorite with some baked chicken gravy!!)

1 1/2 cups white rice (I like a sticky rice but does well with a long grain)
1 can Beef Consume (has to be consume) - Campbells
1 can French Onion - Campbells
1/2 stick butter

Preheat oven to 425.
Spray baking dish with Pam or non stick spray. Pour in the rice and then both cans of soup, top with the butter. Cover the dish and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Take out of oven, stir up and enjoy!!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley