Monday, January 23, 2012

Prayer Requests


Praying hands Papel de Parede Imagem
via


I am pretty sure that we have found the Adoption Agency that we are going to use. We feel very confident in their abilities to help us bring a child into our home. They are thorough. They are very kind and knowledgeable. We have already submitted our Adoption Application and our Autobiography. We learned today that we are number 12 on the waiting list for a Seminar, but we should start our Home Study prior to attending the Seminar. There is no telling how long we must wait to attend the Seminar, but I was ensured that we could expect to attend one in the 2012 year. Once the Seminar and Home Study are complete we will then be placed into the Waiting Pool, and await to be selected by a birth mom.

Praying that we can find the financial means to move forward in our Home Study to get one step closer to adopting our child. Also Praying that this process moves swiftly and correctly. That we can complete the Home Study process, Seminar, and quickly get into the Waiting Pool with a short waiting period so that we can bring our baby home.

We knew getting into it that this would be a potentially long process. It just seems like it is so much longer than the natural way, (except for us that has not proven to be timely either - 3 years of waiting with no bump in sight) because of all the "hoops" we must go through. Lots of waiting. That is pretty much what I have gathered from all of my research. Waiting to find an Agency. Waiting to receive, fill out, and return Application. Waiting to complete the Home Study. Waiting for an invitation to attend the Seminar. Waiting to be placed in the Waiting Pool. Waiting to be selected. Waiting to meet the birth mom. Waiting for the birth of our child. Waiting for the birth mom to give up her rights. Waiting to bring our child home. Waiting for the completion of the Adoption. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

I pray for Peace. I pray for Patience. I pray for Understanding in God's timing. I pray for Comfort. I pray for a smooth and swift adoption process. I pray for a healthy baby. I pray for the means to adopt.

We would also appreciate your prayers in this matter, should you feel so inclined to give us up to the LORD.

♥ Ashley

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Love this verse..."Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ash!!! Love your blog btw!

    Rachel that is a GREAT verse!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I enjoy learning about all the happenings on your farm too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley