Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year

Still working on getting my bloody pictures on this here blog.  I had to go back to work today, something about Christmas Break being over and the kids are going to show up or something like that.  I will say that it is nice to get back to a schedule of some sorts. 

Hubby and I had a wonderful time spending the Christmas holiday together (though he had to return to work last Thursday - haha).  We really didn't do too much, mostly stayed at home and enjoyed each other.  We (I mean I) did do some shopping after Christmas and got some great things!  Mostly stuff I didn't actually need need but needed if you know what I mean. 

Anyways here's what we did:

Hosted Christmas Eve with his family at our house - delicious Prime Rib!
Spent Christmas morning leisurely together opening gifts, just the two of us (for the first time and hopefully the last time it will be just the two of us)
Went out to dinner at a restaurant with my immediate family on Christmas Day (our first without my mom)
Day after Christmas Shopping (scored BIG at Old Navy on a sweater and some cardigans and Kohls)
Going out to lunch to celebrate Christmas with my moms side of the family - oh the entitlement some old people feel they have.
More after Christmas Shopping (or browsing)
Evening in at home and going to bed at 10:30 on NYE
3rd Annual Enchilada New Years Day and Rose Bowl Game watching at our house
Attempting to DIY my pantry doors into a magnetic chalkboard -FYI didn't work need to come up with an alternative plan

Recipe for the Enchiladas HERE as well as my NY Resolution for 2012.  I think that I did a fairly good job at keeping my pushups plan.  Although there were some days (ok maybe weeks, possibly a month or two?) that I failed but overall I would say that I did see improvement.  While 65 was A LOT to do at one time, by the end the first 30 were pretty easy to do. 

My resolutions this year are hopefully ones that I can uphold.  I am going to do my same plan but with jumping jacks instead of the pushups.  I am also hoping to use less paper towels at home.  I think that I can do this and hopefully letting you all know what they are will help me to keep them.

What are some of your resolutions??

♥ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley