Thursday, August 8, 2013

1,826


Five years (or 1,826 days) ago I married my best friend. I am happy to report that I love him even more today than I did five years ago.





We had a lovely wedding and the weather was beautiful. We were fortunate to choose the date of 8.8.08 even though it was a Friday because the following day was a downpour. 




We got married in Seattle in the Ballard neighborhood at an old restaurant that is now an event facility called The Canal. It was right next to the Ballard Locks and Botanical Gardens.  Our wedding colors were chartreuse (my deceased grandpa's fave color) and brown (my grandma's fave color). We had a heck of a time finding brown tuxedos but in the end we were successful. 


(First Look)
I loved the flowers that we had and our cake was delish. I keep hoping that we get invited to another wedding at The Canal because the food was amazeballs and I want more if it!!!




We had the best time and I am so happy of the memories we still have from that beautiful night!




I loved having our family there to celebrate 

I loved that Thomas walked his mom down the aisle right before I walked down with my dad! And my childhood pastor performed our ceremony. 

The best part was that a train went by right before our vows so we got to have a special moment while we were waiting!

My dad and I danced to an Elvis Presley song; Teddy Bear. 

And Thomas and I danced to Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald song; Cheek to Cheek.

 I love you Thomas and here's to many more years together!

-Ashley 



1 comment:

  1. Your dress was gorgeous!! I did brown suits for the groomsmen too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley