Friday, November 6, 2015

That Friday Five Post

I can't believe that it is already Friday...I have a feeling that November is going to go by in the blink of an eye.  I am really hoping to get into a better bit of a routine and accomplish more at home when I am here, including some holiday decor.



Okay lets get into this post!

::ONE::



I took the kids out shopping on Tuesday to browse JoAnns for some fabric for Ellie's curtains in her room (because I still cannot decide).  Shopping with 3 under 3 is definitely a challenge but these kiddos made it easy.  And no I did not find any fabric that I fell in love with, so the search continues...


::TWO::



I made a stop at Starbucks because even though I am not one of those red cup people...I wanted a red cup.  I tried the Eggnog Latte and oh my word it's delicious.  We love our Eggnog on the farm (Ellie included) and Darigold is the preferred brand.  So I am pretty sure that the Eggnog Latte will be a staple order this holiday season!


oh and of course someone got a cakepop!

::THREE::


On Wednesday we were blessed with a beautiful day and I only had one of my families that day.  So Ellie, myself and my nanny kiddo headed back to the farm to have a farmdate.  The kids love going out to see the animals and Ellie is definitely a fan of the goats.  She loves to pet the goats and sometimes gets a little rough with them...but it never fails that when she trips or falls down and the goats smell her she cries like they're attacking her!! which of course they are not.





::FOUR::



We went for donuts for breakfast this week because it was my One Year Anniversary working with one of my nanny families.  I love these kiddos so much and sometimes think of them as Ellie's siblings.  I can't believe how much all three of the kiddos have changed and grown over the past year and I just feel so blessed to be able to spend time with them.  Ellie was pretty excited about her doughnut as well!

::FIVE::


I randomly got to have the day off yesterday.  Okay that is a bit of a lie, I got off at 10am.  So what do you do on a weekday when you don't have work? You go to IKEA of course.  Truth be told we tried to go a couple of weekends ago but couldn't even get in the parking lot, so we just went home.  I found out the reason why it was so busy - they tore down the parking garage and are building a whole NEW store right there! So the parking has been reduced by at least 85%.



We had a successful trip where I got some organization stuff for our pantry (because it's a MESS) and kitchen and then also got some great things for Ellie!  Girlfriend was an excellent shopper and only asked to get out of the cart one time and then quickly got over her tantrum and sat there the rest of the trip.  We were only there about an hour and she fell asleep while we were waiting in line for checkout - best toddler ever!!
We are in the market for a new kitchen faucet and I totally snapped a picture of this and this oh and this has been calling my name for years!

Happy Weekend!!

♥ Ashley

linking up here


9 comments:

  1. Your little girl is just too precious! I'm glad all your shopping trips went well! Caleb's getting to be an ok shopper but I'm sure that it'll get more tough as he gets older. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week! Ellie is super cute! And has great style ;) I miss nannying, that's so nice you have such a great family to nanny for! And I love Ikea, looks like you picked up some great stuff! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun. I miss having little ones around all the time, though I love perusing the aisles on my own too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I had my first Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha latte. Next to try will be the Eggnog! Such a great way to kick off the holiday season! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures. I baby-sat a little girl from 10 months old until she started Kindergarten this year, so much fun to see them grow up! I generally hate taking 3 under 3 shopping, but when I had three kids I was baby-sitting it was pretty fun. Now that I do foster care, every time I have had more than 2 little ones, one of them has been a difficult child that makes shopping a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping in from the link-up at Hill Collection! Your little gal is so cute! And that red cup gives me all the holiday warm fuzzies! I love the peppermint mocha at Starbucks. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahhh IKEA on a weekday sounds like a dream. I need another trip SOON. Congrats on a year of nannying so happy it works so well for your family. Ellie is so stinking adorable too. Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard they ripped out the back parking garage! I didn't know they were building a new store. So exciting!! I only make it out there a couple times a year. I want to get Parker a few toys from there though. They have a bunch of cool wood ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shopping with three under 3?! Girl, you are BRAVE.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley