Thursday, May 31, 2018

Under the Sea with Ellie and Finnley!!

I had the brilliant idea of combining the girls Family birthday celebrations this year and it was hands down the Best Thing EVER!!!

 
Thankfully both girls love The Little Mermaid so going with an Under the Sea theme was super easy...and the girls have quite the collection of Ariel toys that decorating was easy too!  We kept things fairly simple with food basics: sandwiches, chips, pirates booty, pasta salad and a veggie tray.  I enlisted the help of our local grocery store to make the cake and life couldn't have been simpler.



I found the decorations at Party City online and purchased them for in-store Pick Up so I could get cashback through Ebates.  I got a balloon pack, cups, plates, napkins, and forks along with some streamers and a table cloth to use as the back drop.  Then on the day of the party we stopped at Target and picked up a couple more decor pieces that we just couldn't pass up. And as usual I got my chalk art skills at the ready and decorated our chalkboard pantry doors to match the party theme!

per Ellie's preference: Vanilla with Vanilla and all Vanilla (no chocolate in sight 😉)


I made an Under Water backdrop for photos and we used the streamers as seaweed, along with shells from our beach adventures and all the fish toys the girls have collected over the years!


Our simple food station:



Chalkboards:



all the cousins!

I found some sparkler candles that didn't light very well but all the kids got a kick out of them! It was a celebration to remember!

Combining the girls party was an excellent idea and I have a feeling that we will be doing that for years to come.  They totally loved getting to celebrate together (and it minimized the chaos and number of presents) as well as allowed for some together gifts to really shine: like their trampoline!! I loved that all of our family was able to make it and we were able to get a photo of all cousins...which is a rare occurrence.  I highly recommend if you're on the fence about it.

♥ Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley