Friday, May 13, 2011

New look on the cheap!

We have been living in our home for 3 years and while the furniture has changed in our living room the set up has been the same. It gets tiring after a while to see the same layout year in and year out, but we haven't had any great ideas on what to do. We have collected furnishings and trinkets to make it more of our home. So it was high time we switched it up a bit.

Since the pups love to climb on the chairs and look out the window to bark at the occasional bird or more frequent walkers, we did not want them jumping on our white couch! So we left the chairs where they were. We moved the couch to take advantage of our front yard view and to create a divider between the living room and dining room, as we have an open concept home. It was time to do something to divide the two rooms because the in between space just seemed wasted. We rotated the rug and now our vast living room seems more cozy and intimate.



This rearrangement also created room for my new work space area. As I have mentioned before I received a sewing machine from my in-laws for my birthday and I have been trying to find a space to store it where I can use it. Also so that I can get my creative juices flowing and make some nifty things. I love the new layout and have taken advantage of my new work space.


Please note that the horrific brass fireplace screen has been removed from the face of the fireplace and it seems much bigger now.


This was a great way to change the look of our room with out spending any money as we already had everything. It still needs a little work but I love it.

What do you think of the new digs and layout? Have you been wanting to change things up in your place but have no idea what to do? Just try moving things around and rearranging the space!

Let me know what you are working on.


"To keep your faces towards change, and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate, is strength undefeatable." -- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley