Wednesday, February 22, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Decor

St. Patrick's Day is HUGE in my house. I have to say that it is my Favorite Holiday. Green is my favorite color...and I like ALL shades of green. Also my birthday is on St. Pats Day! We always have a little bit of something that refers to this holiday in our house. I love that other people celebrate my birthday..unknowingly. They dress up in my birthday color theme every year. Lets just say that I have totally embraced my Holiday Birthday. I would not want to be born on any other day!! I LOVE IT!!

I also really like to decorate my house for the holidays. I forgot to take pictures of my Valentines Decor, but I will do it again next year and you will see it then. Holiday decoration is always a work in progress, there are new things that come out each year so it is NEVER done...and I like it that way.

On our first married Thanksgiving, Thomas and I went on a family vacation with his family to Port Ludlow. We went shopping in Poulsbo and Port Townsend. In PT we found this adorable store "Tickled Pink", I am not sure if its still there but they had these white glitter branches that you could move and bend. I fell in LOVE with them. I knew exactly what I wanted them for, to have an every-season tree. Over the years I have acquired ornaments for the various holidays we celebrate. And this tree has proven to be a winner. I love that it is in a green vase. I love that it always has the four green gem ornaments hanging on it. I love that it reminds me of "Return to Oz" when Dorothy and her friends get captured and they get turned into objects and Dorothy has to find them by placing her hands on trinkets, closing her eyes, and saying "OZ" and she finds out that she has to touch the green figurines to get anywhere. I love that that is one of my favorite movies and everytime I see something green I do like Dorothy and say "OZ" though nothing happens I love it. (I also love how I went off on a tangent...thanks for staying with me)

Below are pics of my decorations so far:


My favorite White Branch tree. You can see the "OZ" ornaments as well as all my shamrocks and everything St. Pats/Irish! Also you can see our vintage wedding topper, LOVE that too.


My little IRISH Wee Forrest Folk, I've had here for forever!! Thanks MOM!!


My new little Leprechaun. I think I need a couple more.


My other every-season tree. I picked it up a couple years ago at Pier1. It is decked out with a shamrock garland I got at JoAnn's same with the glitter hat pick in the flowers (my Valentines gift) and that ADORABLE Owl planter!!!

This is just the beginning. Great St. Pats Day decorations are hard to come by so this is definitely a work in progress. Hope I have inspired you to get your house prepped for this great holiday so it doesn't get "pinched"!!

♥ Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Wow I have never seen that much green. Haha I'm glad you enjoy your holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have a fun holiday birthday that you enjoy! Mine is 12/30 so somehow I get mangled between Christmas and New Years every year...I just pretend our New Years celebrations are for me...haha! Love your "every holiday" tree, might need one of those for the Schutter household! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments!!! Yes Gina, the every holiday tree is a MUST!! it is so much fun adding to it for each holiday through the years. It will be great to showcase kid-made decorations too, since they sometimes get to do holiday crafts in school (or at home). I like to pretend that everyone is celebrating my birthday when they are out in green and drinking!!

    Thank you for following!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley