Tuesday, August 21, 2012

[recipe] Blackberry Crisp



When I got home yesterday - after a long day at my NEW JOB!!!! - I thought it would be fun to spend some time with the dogs and pick blackberries.  Now is the time and the season for these delish wild berries.  So I grabbed the dogs harnesses and leashes and a mixing bowl, put on some boots (so glad I didn't wear flipflops) and walked down the street.
It took me about an hour but I got a FULL bowl and I wondered what I wanted to make.  I was not in the mood to attempt a pie crust - though I almost have it figured out - so I went with a crisp. I am quite pleased with how it turned out!



Ingredients:
 Filling:
LOTS of Blackberries like at least 5 cups
1/2 c white sugar
2 T corn starch

 Topping:
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c. oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 stick butter

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375, prepare baking dish by coating with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl combine berries, white sugar and cornstarch
3. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients then cut in the butter until it forms pea sized crumbles.
4. Pour berry mixture into baking dish, then cover with the Topping.  Place in center rack of oven and cook for about 40 minutes.
5. Let cool and then Enjoy with Vanilla Ice Cream!!



Oh you want to know about my new job?!?! Well I actually signed the paperwork back in the middle of July but I have kept the offer under wraps until well today!!  I got a job in a new school district close to my home and I will be teaching at the High School Level - my goal all along while attending CWU - I will be teaching Weight Training, PE, Health and Anatomy/Physiology.  I have been spending the last couple of weeks going over my curriculum since its been 4 years from the last time I taught in the classroom.  I am super excited.   Also this is only a part time position so I made the choice to look for other employment options within the district and I will be teaching in the Extended Day School in the afternoon for an extra 2 1/2 to 3 hours at the Elementary level.  These are going to be super long days but I am so excited for the opportunity to continue to work with the little kiddos!!

So that is some of the updates going on in our lives right now -- we are still waiting for our phone call from our adoption agency, keeping our fingers crossed it comes soon!!

Linked To: Tasty Tuesdays and 


♥ Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link & mingle - I'm your newest follower.

    http://chelseadward.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Chelsea thank you so much for joining and stopping by...I hope you enjoy my little ol' blog here!!

    ♥ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! Maybe I'll try a version with fake butter... mmm blackberries, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley