Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday's Weekend Highlights

We were SUPER busy this last weekend.  As Summer is coming to a close we have lots of
loose ends to tie up.  Last week for example we gave the Big Horses a bath - wonderful
bonding time with each other and the ponies - I was even able to spray my mare in 
the face with the water ... I haven't done that with her in years 
(which actually was her last bath - please don't judge me).

On Saturday we attended my High School Reunion and had so much fun catching up with my old classmates and Thomas fit right in!!  We actually spent almost 11 hours at the reunion...shh don't tell anyone though!!
On Sunday we got our act together and took the horses "out" for a ride - just in our back yard and actually TOOK pictures!!  Last time we took them out we rode around the neighborhood and came across a Stallion, my mare was whinnying and neighing for a good 4 hours after that encounter.  So we thought we would play it safe and stay on our prop.  I so enjoy the support and willingness that
Thomas shows to participate in the things I love to do.  I love that he joins me on Horse Rides
and is my partner in life in so many different ways.  
The horses did well, Jazz better than Rags - he is 27 and way more responsive than my 8 year old filly!!  It is amazing how long its been since I have worked with him and he still remembers so much, probably 10 more minutes and we would have flying lead changes again.  I wish I knew how I trained him to be so good so I could translate that onto my little girl...I guess she just needs A LOT more hours on her!
Here are some pics of our riding adventure...

 both are so used to this...I ponied her around for about 2 years.
 she has proven to LOVE the camera...ears forward in almost every shot!

 my beautiful handsome men
 I love this photo!!
 me and my beautiful baby girl!


 its hard to get a photo of the two of us with the horses with no one around...thank goodness for a timer shoot option on the DSLR!

next time I think I will have my hair down! 

I also am linking up to Kendra's Link and Mingle #1 over at her BLOG


Mother {at} Heart

 

♥ Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new Link & Mingle friend! You have horses. I must be your friend. :) Off I go to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness can I live your life for a day!!! Wash horses! How amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are beautiful!

    I read your infertility journey (yes, the whole thing). I hurt for you, and I know all too well how infertility hurts. I have gone through the HSG (one blocked tube), the shot of HCG, 3 rounds of clomid, 1 miscarriage, and right now we're waiting until I'm finished with nursing school to consider IUI. If you ever need to vent, I'm an email away.

    New follower from the blog hop.

    http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley