Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Christmas Wishlist

Christmas truly is my favorite time of year.  I love all the joy that gets spread around and the season of giving.  They say that the best gift is the one given - but lets not kid around here, I love receiving gifts! Its always fun to get a surprise here and there but I think that providing a list of things you would like really helps out the giver to narrow things down!!

For me a Christmas Wishlist is a list of things that you would love to have but wouldn't necessarily buy for yourself.  Plus I view it more of a guideline than a must have.

Christmas Wishlist

Christmas Wishlist by lifeonthefarm 

One thing I have noticed is that when you become a mom you tend to buy more things for your children than yourself, hence Ellie's awesome, fashionable wardrobe and I'm still wearing clothes from High School and College.  A girl can never have too many pairs of jeans.  I am not too picky (I usually pick mine up for less than $15 at Ross) but know that a pair of good quality denim can last a really long time!  I grabbed a pair of my mom's 7 For All Mankind after she passed away and they are one of my favorite pairs of jeans but recently I wore holes in the knees....
Also I need a new pair of my mom uniform - leggings.  I know some don't think these are appropriate for wearing out of the house or gym but I love these types of pants.  Most of mine are pretty old and I have one long pair left that have become quite faded.  I love me some pockets and when I saw that these were available I knew they had to make an appearance on my list!! Black on black please!!

For some reason the past few years I have had shoes on my list.  Toms have fast become one of my favorite types of shoes to wear.  They are so versatile and super easy to slip on and off.  I have worn holes in one of my pairs so I am desperately needing to get a new pair!!  I think I am brave enough to try something NOT neutral and I think these plaid ones are so cool - though you can never go wrong with anything green in my book!! (plus they are on sale)
I know I am a little late to the Riding Boot trend.  I thought I could get by with my Cowboy Boot collection and other tall heeled boots from years ago but I am really wanting a pair of tall flat boots and I love what Target has!  I have also seen a lot of the lace up riding boots around and since I haven't gotten a pair of these since I was showing horses back in High School I think these would be a great addition! Plus you just can't go wrong with Target's prices.

Back when we first were married I thought it would be fun to get all sorts of patterned sheet sets.  What I have learned over the years is that the Classic White sheet set can go with EVERYTHING!! the last set we got has been through the washer/dryer a few too many times and don't quite fit anymore. I would love a new set.  Besides who doesn't love a fresh new set of sheets to sleep on?  And I have been doing a lot of reading on how to help my hair grow stronger and stop breaking, the answer I have found are silk pillow cases.  So I would love a pair of those, they help to reduce any breakage from tossing and turning all night!  I will take all the help I can get to ensure my locks can get as long as the Duggars!!

It's time to turn in my cheap con-air curling iron from 1995 and get something that will be a little nicer on my hair and a better quality curling iron.  I have watched lots of tutorials and practiced on how to get the best curl in my hair (hides the breakage a little better) and I have come to the conclusion - your hair stylist will agree - that you get great results from quality products.

I'm getting older and I am tired of putting my concealer and foundation on with my fingers.  A brush is much more forgiving and kind to aging skin.  I have been using a cheapo one from Kmart for the last two years but I think now is the time to really splurge and get something good.  Like the curling iron above, if you don't have quality products you aren't going to get the best results or come close to recreating what they do for you in the salon.

So these are a few things that I would LOVE to open under the tree in 6 short weeks.  I would be happy with just one of these items!!

What's on your list?

♥ Ashley







1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I have a Chi curling iron and it is the bomb.com. I LOVE that thing. I tried silk pillow cases before, I just can't do it though my face was unhappy.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley