Friday, January 25, 2019

Half a Year!!!!!!

These past 6 months have seriously just flown by.  Life with 3 kids is definitely super busy and I wouldn't change it for anything.  Even though I started a business the same month that Séamus was born, I have had the opportunity to still be incredibly present in his daily life, nurse him on demand, and watch the kids every single day!  We have had so many highlights and accomplishments this half of a year and I have to admit that I am in both complete disbelief that this is actually our lives while also feeling that this is exactly how it's meant to be.







Séamus has grown and changed so much in his first half of a year and in reality that is when most of the changing actually happens.  He has also experienced almost every major holiday so far, which just blows my mind but I guess that's what happens with a summer baby.  So let's go over some of the Highlights of Séamus first 6 months...because I really just want to have them all written down in one space.

July:

Séamus was born 5 days late via emergency C-section.  We had to switch gears on our birthing plan and instead of being discharged within hours of his delivery we got admitted into the hospital and spent 2 nights there.  I dedicated so much of my time to physical recovery as well as learning how to breastfeed and navigating all of the hormonal milk production.  We focused a lot of energy on encouraging Joy and Love between Ellie, Finnley and Séamus and did our best to continue to give a lot of attention to the girls.  We took our inaugural trip to Target, out to eat, and spent plenty of time at home. I also started my Oils Business.



















August:

We went on a family vacation and Séamus went on his very first plane ride at just 3 weeks old to go to Disneyland.  We survived the heat of Southern California, the crowds at Disneyland, and how different it is going with 3 kids.  Finnley got her collarbone broken so we had to manage the healing and set up Xray appointments.  We had post delivery doctor appointments and well baby check ups. I hit my first Rank of Star in my Oils Business. Séamus was nursing non-stop and it was quite painful at times. So we had a couple visits with the lactation consultants for more tips and tricks and learned he had a severe lip and tongue tie.  This was the month of using Stress Away daily and when we really leaned on our oils for emotional support.  We also went on lots of excusions and took the Ferry over to our Favorite Island and Séamus got to go on his very first beach!





















September:

Séamus had his procedure for his lip and tongue tie as well as 6x daily recovery exercises and stretches to help his mouth heal well.  He absolutely loves baths (from his very first one after his stump fell off) the first of the three to love them from the get go!! Finnley's collarbone wasn't healing as expected so she was required to be in her sling for 3 solid weeks.  Ellie started Kindergarten several days late due to the Teacher's being on Strike because the District was unwilling to negotiate a fair wage.  We started back up with Nannying and began creating a new routine with Ellie in school 5 days a week. A visit to the State Fair was in order and we all had so much fun, the girls going on rides, pushing the boy around in the stroller and enjoying the ever famous scones!! We ramped up our use of Thieves around the house to give us all the immune support now that Ellie was in school and I made some major strides in my Oils Business that gave me the confidence and knowledge that I Can Do This!!





















October:

Séamus turned 3 months and we got sibling photos taken.  All three kids did an amazing job and they were probably the best photos of Finnley to date!  We went to two different pumpkin patches, one with our MOPs group and the other on the other side of the mountains with Nanny and Papa.  It was a beautiful day, Séamus slept in the Ergo for most of it and then nursed the rest!  The girls went bananas for the whole excursion and both wanted to pick up the biggest pumpkins they could find.  Séamus also got to celebrate his very first Halloween and went out trick or treating as Mickey Mouse!  This month was also flooded with memories of all the hormones, shots, injections, appointments, emotions, ultrasounds, and procedures we endured last year (2017) to make Séamus a reality.  I also hit the Rank of Senior Star in my Oils Business, which was so very exciting!

























November:

We were filled with gratitude this month as we approached Thanksgiving and once again were reminded at how fragile we were last year at the newness of our pregnancy.  Séamus was a happy happy boy, still nursing around the clock, not sleeping through the night and quite the petite little boy. At his 4 month well baby check up our pediatrician felt that he wasn't gaining weight quick enough and advised that my breastmilk was not substantial enough and we needed to move onto formula and/or begin solids.  I refused to do either and instead I began applying Fennel Essential Oil, increased my water and calorie intake as well as nursed Séamus as often as he wanted.  Aside from him being at the bottom of the weight percentile he was the happiest little boy and hitting all the other major milestones and was thriving.  We took a day trip to Portland, attended an assembly at Ellie's school (per her request), little man got to go in the pool for the first time as well as begin life in the exersaucer!! My Oils Business went crazy and I moved up another Rank to Executive!! Never in my mind did I think I would hit that rank so quickly and I am so so grateful for my team and leader to help me achieve this!

















December:

We really tried to take this month slow and easy.  We eliminated a lot of our Christmas Activities and just did our best to soak up this fleeting time with our kids.  Séamus was the best little trooper and went along with all the things we did decide to do.  I attended my first vendor event with Séamus and he was absolutely perfect and the event was quite successful!! Hooray! The littles and I attended play group at the library, I hosted my annual Ladies Holiday Party (with Séamus in attendance), and we had a baby play date.  We celebrated Christmas with ourselves and each of our families, visited Santa, and enjoyed all the family time we could.  Séamus was still nursing all throughout the day,  moved up in the clothing department, and was just as happy as could be.  Near the end of the month/year he was so close to sitting and we all couldn't wait for it to happen. My team and I worked as hard as we could and made some great strides but I didn't maintain my Executive Rank this month.

















January:

Séamus rang in the New Year with a new skill!!  He began sitting with intention on New Years Day and we all celebrated.  We spend the last week of Christmas Vacation with each other doing all the things.  Séamus spent a lot of time working on his sitting skills, sitting in the Bumbo, and began drooling even more than usual and was sticking all the things in his mouth.  We got all bundled up and took another day trip to Vashon Island, spent lots of time at the library, and Séamus got to sit in his very first high chair! I was still taking in lots of water, eating more food, and continuing to incorporate Fennel Essential Oil into my daily routine.  He rolled all over the place and was able to wiggle himself to where he wanted to go. Sweet boy hit the 6 month mark and gained enough weight for our pediatrician to accept that he is just a petite little guy.  We also started to have Séamus begin sleeping in his room at night and a nighttime routine set in place with getting his diffuser set up with Sleepyize and Gentle Baby, spraying his crib with Seedlings Linen Spray, and being sure to apply his baby roller to his feet when he gets changed into his jams.  He would make it about 3 hours before he woke up and joined us in our bed for the remainder of the night.
















This 6 months has gone by so quickly and I love looking back and remembering all the fun things, milestones made, challenges overcome, and growth in all things we have experienced.  Life is better with our family complete and I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings: crawling, walking (hopefully), talking (hopefully), solid foods, and Séamus first international vacation to Ireland and England!!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley