Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 25

These weeks are seriously just flying by! How is sweet Séamus 25 weeks already?  That means he is nearly 6 months old and we're getting closer and closer to him being a big boy!  Honestly though, I am loving it! He is trying new things, is so curious, and making his way to hitting new milestones every day.  I have been intentional to soak up everything baby from him but I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that each day gets better and better!


Eats: we are still nursing strong over here! I am trying my darndest to not introduce any solids until next week when he hits the 6 month mark, but I did head out on Saturday to teach an oils class and left little man at home...even though I have bags of milk in the freezer - I gave away all our bottles 😁 so Thomas had to resort to some avocado.  He took maybe 2 bites, I've let him suck on a french fry, and he keeps grabbing for all the things!  But still we nurse!  We went on our island adventure this weekend and went to the beach...so we nursed on the beach and I am so thankful every time I get to nourish my babe from my body, honestly something I never thought I was going to get to do.  We are still nursing all throughout the day, and just once (maybe twice) at night!! 👐


Sleeps: we have been super busy this week and thankfully this guy has been totally go with the flow (PTL).  He has taken lots of car naps, nursing naps, and lap naps.  He got to take a couple of naps in his crib but not as many as I would have liked.  However, we are still putting him in his crib for bedtime and he is making it longer and longer in there!! He even slept through the night on Monday!!  He hasn't since, but there is light y'all, light!!

Goes: We have been to all the places!! To the library for Play Group (twice), story time, Vashon Island (parks, beaches, coffee shops, toy store, restaurant, ferry), our Nanny house, McDonald's for a friend meetup, and then the regulars of car, school, to the Post Office to mail out oily packages.





 



Does: he is a sitting machine! He is getting better and better at it, is more controlled when he "falls over" and is grabbing for all the things.  He rolls and wiggles to get to where he wants to be, gets focused on a toy and makes his way over to it reaching the entire time.  He has also figured out how to get onto all fours and has started rocking!! Ahh my favorite!  He is still putting everything and anything into his mouth and drools like a Newfoundland, so that makes me think that teeth are in his near future.  I've been applying Copaiba on his gums and y'all the personality change is something else, I know he is getting relief from it and that makes my Mama heart so so happy!




Wears: well I have officially removed all of the 0-3 out of his dresser and we are in 3-6 month clothes.  He does NOT like to have his feet in pajamas so we have to make sure we get the footless kind...what he does is pull on the toes and then his legs get stuck in the crotch and he gets all sorts of mad, so if he's in the footless ones that doesn't happen!  He sleeps in a sleep sack and sometimes gets frustrated with the constriction of his feet.  We have him in size 2 diapers and there are still a few items of clothing that I had gotten for the girls that were "gender neutral" that he wears and I have to tell you, there is something about seeing your children in their siblings clothes!


Mama: I cannot even tell you the excitement I have that little Séamus is rocking on all fours!! If you've been reading along for a while you know that I welcome a mobile baby with most open of arms!!  Hands down something that makes me so so happy!! I have been focusing on my word of the year a lot and am just thrilled that I get to watch my children grow up together.  Even when I want to knock Finnley on the side of the head because she will not leave Séamus alone or get exasperated with Ellie because she is now insisting on doing all of these things by herself (getting snacks, using glue, and hiding all the things in her bed...) not to mention that both girls have decided that it's okay to jump on the furniture - news flash that is never okay.  When I take a pause, I can't help but be so happy (while deep in irritation) that this is actually my life.  I have been one to try and focus on the positive side of things because mindset is everything.



 Dada: I know! I have never included this before...but this guy is rocking all things in the dadhood category.  He is the baby retriever at night, the diaper changer when he's home, and he is theeeee best at preparing all the rooms for bedtime: sound machines, filling the diffusers, reading the books, and getting on the jams.  He lives for being with his kids and is hands down the best partner in this wild a crazy adventure that is parenthood.



Sisters: as I mentioned above Finnley loves her brother hard.  She loves to make him laugh, bring him toys to play with, and lay on top of him.  Since we've been busy with play dates and going out in public this week, I have been rolling her Unicorn Roller on her like crazy so that we can all have a good time.  Her attitude and ability to just be herself and play is the best when we remember to oil her up.  Her vocabulary is bursting, her favorite word is still a very dramatic "NOOOOOO", and will be constantly asking if Nanny and Papa are coming.  She has been singing songs, loves Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and refuses to wear a jacket if she is wearing her Moana shirt.
Ellie is still rocking it at kindergarten.  We've had a couple of accidents at school but we're still working on it and hopefully soon she'll be listening to her body better and remember to use the bathroom on her own.  She is silly and goofy, and says the best things.  She told me the other day that when she grows up she wants to be fat, also that she is NOT getting married, and that everyone needs oils.  She is still drawing all the pictures, is obsessed with Ryan on YouTube, and would live in the bathtub if we let her.



Previous Weeks


Finnley at 25 weeks
Ellie at 25 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley