Tuesday, January 8, 2019

em⋅brace 2019

em⋅brace
accept or support (a belief, theory, or change) willingly and enthusiastically.



 
When it comes to choosing a word for the year, it takes some deep thought, consideration, and self reflection to choose what it is exactly that you want to work on.  In year's past I've chosen "Content", "Just Be", "Just Do", and last year (2018) I didn't share was "Let Go".  It's important to ruminate over previous year's words to see how you have changed and the impact that word has had on your life.

This year, 2019, I am choosing to embrace.  There is going to be so much change happening this year and I want to cherish all of it.  


Séamus is going to go through so many changes: sitting ✓, crawling, eating, cruising, walking, and talking, and sleeping 🤞.  I want to embrace all of this because I know it's the last time, 1+ is my favorite so I tend to wish the first year away...I don't want to do that this time.  


Ellie is well on her way to growing up.  She is in Kindergarten, will be turning 6 and starting to read already.  I want to focus on her and cherish this fleeting time with her.  I want to focus on reading with her, celebrating her achievements, and soaking in all that is good with a 5/6 year old.  


Finnley is changing by the day.  Her personality is shining through, she is hilarious, so full of emotions and has such a giving heart.  Soon she will start Pre-School and gone will be the time of her being with me all the time.  She is our first babe that I got to stay home with from the very beginning.  


I have BIG goals for my business and I know it's going to take a lot of work, dedication, time, and sacrifice.  It's all going to be worth it knowing the benefits and impact Wellness will make on the families I help.  I am so excited to see it grow but want to make sure that I focus and appreciate every step of the way.  

 

Thomas and I are embarking on a new season in our marriage...gone are the days wishing for babies, dealing with pregnancy loss, and infertility.  We get to put all of that away and focus on where we are now, parenting our THREE children, enjoying them and raising them to be little people we love to be with.  We also get to focus on each other more this year and embracing each other without all of that emotionality in the back of our heads. We get to grow together, prioritize together, dream together, plan together, and be together! and take more pictures together....



We have home improvement projects planned, lots of DIYs, and trips and vacations on the calendar.  2019 is going to be our year and I am so looking forward to it.

The whole year is ahead of me and I cannot wait to embrace it all.

Do you choose a word for the year?  What are you wanting to focus on this year?

♥ Ashley

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful season of life for you all. I am so, so happy for you, Ashley. (And so thankful I get to be a small part of it!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much Courtney! Psht, you’re a BIG part of it and I’m so so grateful for you!!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley