Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 recap

Adios 2018.  You were so so good to us! 
Some highlights: we had a baby, I started a new business, Ellie started Kindergarten, Finnley started to enjoy playdates, and Thomas got to go fishing on multiple occasions!

Going down memory lane here are some of the favorite posts (all of my top viewed posts were my pregnancy updates, thank you for all of the love on those).

January:
I shared about our Christmas Holiday, Finnley and I flew to the Carolinas with my dad, and I served ham for New Years.
I was reminiscing about when Ellie first became a big sister and shared about all the January things.

February:
We celebrated Valentines Day, I made it into the 2nd trimester and we went to Disneyland!
I shared some random tidbits and that Friday's were pool days for us.

March:
I turned 34, shared a bit about our Cruise, and got ready to share if we were having a Boy or Girl!
 
 
I shared some of our St. Patrick's Day Decor and shared that we were having a BOY!!

April:
Finnley turned 2, we celebrated Easter, and I shared a bit how Infertility has shaped who I am as a parent.
I talked about how Ellie is turning into quite the little Big Person and how Finnley is definitely a 2 year old.

May:
Ellie turned 5, and I made sure to enjoy Ragtime on her birthday as I knew it was going to be the last one I had with her since I had decided to sell her.
I posted about the girls Together Birthday Under the Sea and am convinced that together birthdays are the way to go!
We made a weekend for Mother's Day and I just loved spending all the time with my favorites!

June:
Ellie had her second ballet recital, Thomas finished up school, we took a road trip across the state (where I thought I was going to go into labor the whole time) to visit birth families, we put up bunk beds in Ellie's room for preparation for them to start sharing a room, and I joined Young Living!!
I documented a Day in the Life before bringing a new babe into the world.

July:
Cooper, our dog, was diagnosed with diabetes (at 11 years old), Thomas came down with the Shingles, I took maternity photos on my due date, and we moved the girls into a shared bedroom - a nighttime sleep blend of oils was our saving grace.
The best news of all was that little man made his arrival, just five days past due!

August:
We celebrated 10 years of marriage, Finnley got her collarbone broken, and I shared all about Ellie.
We took our final trip as Annual Passholders to Disneyland and even share all that is good about Disneyland with Séamus at a mere 3 weeks old.

I also shared about Séamus very fast, wild and unexpected delivery.  It did NOT go as I had hoped but it went as "planned" since all I wanted was to Have A Baby!!



September:
I made banana muffins many times, Ellie started Kindergarten, Finnley had to go back into her sling for 3 solid weeks, and Séamus had a frenotomy.

In the middle of September I shared an update of all the things we were up to, including some of the goodies I send out in my welcome packages when you enroll with a Premium Starter Kit!!


October:
We celebrated Halloween (I got to attend this year), we went to a pumpkin patch, and traveled over the mountains.
 This week we were confirmed that Séamus was the correct embryo because my BFF told me he looked like my family!!

November:
We traveled over the mountains for Thanksgiving, we had our first Parent/Teacher conference and Ellie got a great report, and I hit a new rank in my business!!
Hands down probably one of my favorite posts ever, Six Simple Switches to a Healthier Home (and no they are NOT all oils related)

December:

We celebrated Christmas, decorated our house, and fully enjoyed a lighter schedule of activities.

I loved our Christmas Home Tour this year and it's been so great to look back at it over the years.  This was my favorite so far, really paring down our decor made all the difference.

I love looking back and seeing all we've done each year, and this one was one for the books! Cannot wait to see what 2019 brings!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley