Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 24

Y'all I can't believe that Little Séamus is almost 6 months old!!  We are loving every single minute of it and now that he is sitting up, life is so so much better!!



Sleeps: we started off the New Year with having Séamus begin sleeping in his crib in his room.  He doesn't always last very long in there but it's a start.  He tends to nap better in there than he does for nighttime.  Although we did get one night that gave us a glimmer of hope!! He still nurses about 2x at night and then will nap several times during the day.  Sometimes I am able to transfer him and others not so much.

Eats: we are still exclusively breastfeeding and it's still my favorite ever!!  Though now that little man is sitting up I am getting anxious to have him try some solid foods!!  BUT we're waiting until he is 6 months old for that.  It's funny because I couldn't wait to start feeding solids with the girls but I haven't really given it much thought this time around.  Maybe it's because I know he's my last baby or maybe it's because I don't have to do bottles this time around. Whatever it is I am embracing it.


Does: as you all know little Séamus is sitting up and it's just the best.  He got to sit in a high chair (at McDonald's) for the first time and hallelujah Mama got to eat with two hands all by herself with 3 kids at the table!!!!  He is reaching out for more and more of his toys and still gnawing on anything he can get in his mouth, his favorite are his own hands (or toes).





Goes: not anywhere new this week. Thomas got the snip, we went out to eat a few times, had a huge windstorm so we went on a search for our trampoline...found it four neighbors down and now have to take it to the metal recycle.  Ellie didn't have school due to the power outtage, so I took all the kids to McDonald's.  We also worked at our Nanny house and just went to all the regular places.




Wears: little man is in size 2 diapers, has pretty much grown out of all the 0-3 pants I held onto, so I have to go through his drawers and closet again.  I am still loving all of the 3-6 month tops we have and getting to see him in all the fun clothes and sitting up and being a little person is just so fun!




Mama: my heart could burst that we have all three of our kiddos!! They are all growing and thriving and I've found myself just pausing and watching them with the biggest smile on my face.  I want to soak them all in because I know it's not always going to be like this.  We are going to have easy days and we are going to have even harder days than we've already experienced.  Even though I am constantly telling the girls to get off their brother, I have to laugh at it at the same time because honestly what a problem to have...the kids loving each other too hard!! I finally got the kitchen completed this week and while I was waiting for the final coat of paint to dry...I couldn't help myself, I had to rearrange our great room and flip the living room and dining room.  So now they've switched places, I sold the coffee table and the chandelier.  It gave me a chance to do some deep cleaning (like under the area rug) and now I feel like we moved into a new house! It was the creative stretch I have been craving and I hope we keep it this way for a while.


Sisters: both of these girls live to get all up in Séamus's business, they are constantly giving him kisses and hugs, trying to get him to laugh and Finnley uses the gruffest voice saying "cute baybay", She also rather enjoys being the boss of him and I hear her telling him No a lot...I wonder where she gets that from 😉.  Ellie was so happy to go back to school and while she misses us every day I am pretty sure that she is enjoying the "free life" from Mama!! She talks about our oils every day and wanted to make sure that I am not planning on getting rid of them like I am with some of their unused toys!! Kids are so so funny and I love them to eternity.




Previous Weeks


Finnley at 24 weeks
Ellie at 24 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley