Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 23

I am seriously in disbelief that Séamus is 23 weeks.  I mean wasn't I just recovering from an emergency c-section and could barley roll over?  Now little man is rolling over like its his job, and  he likes it!!  He wiggles himself all over and gone are the days where he remains in the same spot I laid him down in.


Eats: we are still exclusively nursing and I love it just as much as ever.  I am still just nursing on demand and I am so so grateful that I get to do that, so we don't have much of a schedule.  He is still nursing in the nighttime as well.  While I would love to sleep through the night, I know that Séamus will spend more nights of his life sleeping through and in his own bed so I am just trying to soak up every minute of it...because truth be told I found myself missing Ellie many a night over the years.  We are quickly approaching his half birthday and will begin introducing some "solid" foods after that.

Sleeps: little man has been working on taking his naps in his crib (which it's so nice when he does) and I've even started getting him to start the night out in there too!  So now he has a bit of a nighttime routine: diaper change, his sleep/immune support roller on his feet, and jammies on. We turn on his new diffuser with a couple drops of Sleepyize, spray his crib with the Seedlings Linen Spray and turn on the sound machine.  He sleeps in there for a good 3+ hours and then when he wakes I send Thomas in to go get him and then I nurse him and he finishes out the night in our bed.


Does: tummy time champ and rolls all over.  He has begun pushing himself up with straight arms and kicks his legs so hard...I'm sure he is just wanting to start moving so bad.  He started bouncing in the exersaucer which brought back memories of Ellie, is chewing on his hands non-stop (maybe getting ready for some teeth? I better start getting the Copaiba ready!) and he started sitting on his own on New Years Day!!





 

Goes: Ellie was on the other side of the mountains with Nanny and Papa so we made the best of it and tried to stay busy.  That wasn't too hard with me working and then we also went out for Mexican food (which is funny because last time when Finnley was with Nanny and Papa we also went out for Mexican) and we also ate at Jersey Mikes, the first visit since I got pregnant!!! It was so good! Then Thomas took Finnley over the mountains to spend some time all together while Séamus and I held up the fort with the dogs (and animals).  My best friend came over and we went out for Thai and she so generously offered to hold the boy so I could eat with two hands!! The best!  Finally we spent New Years Day over at Thomas's little brother's house and all the kids had so much fun playing with each other.






Wears: same as last week.  We did get some size 2 diapers from Thomas's brother and OMG they fit so much better!! I am so glad that I have already changed the size on our Amazon list.  I decided to stick with the Huggies this time but will do more research on it and see if the Pampers Pure really are a safer diaper.

 

Mama: I had the best time flying solo with little man this week and just reflecting on all the goodness we experienced this year.  Finally getting to do this pregnancy thing (which really isn't all I cracked it up to be), attempted a natural delivery (which wasn't as bad as I anticipated), and began nursing (which is so much better than I hoped).  Additionally, I have been able to witness my girls grow up and become big sisters, to help out, to become more confident, and to be more empowered with their wellness.  I have fully grasped this oily life and am so so thankful for all the tools that come in these little bottles and purpose and drive I have acquired by starting a business with oils.

Sisters: not much to share on Ellie since she was gone most of the week.  I know that she is as sharp as a tack and has an incredible memory.  She is goofy, hilarious, and loves so hard.  She had a great time over with Nanny and Papa, but was so excited for all of us to be back together.
Finnley thrives when all of the focus is on her.  She is talking more and more and I just love listening to her little voice.  The way she makes her words is so adorable and she really does have such a kind and giving heart.  She loves to help clean up and is still the queen of emotions.




previous weeks:


Finnley at 23 weeks
Ellie at 23 weeks

♥ Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley