I made pretend chicken katsu because I was out of panko bread crumbs. I also forgot to take pictures. So the chicken katsu I made were just chicken fingers. But I made a delicious dipping sauce for it too!
For the Chicken:
2 chicken boobs
1/3 c flour
salt and pepper
1/4 c veg oil
1. cut the chicken into strips.
2. beat the eggs into a shallow bowl
3. in an additional shallow bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper. (lots of pepper) *optional add a little cayenne pepper.
4. in a large skillet heat oil over medium - medium high
5. dredge chicken in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg and back into the flour. Place gently in the hot oil. cook chicken about 3-4 minutes before turning over. cook another 3-4 minutes. take of heat and place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up extra grease.
For the dipping sauce:
1/2 c ketchup
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1. mix ingredients together and serve with the chicken! YUM