Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Reading

I picked up some children's books from my dad's house this weekend.  He is in the process of prepping his house to sell so we had an Estate Sale this past weekend - I had to pick up some things before the sale started.  So I went for the books and then many other things, it is so comforting to know that I have my mom's things here with me at my house - makes me still feel close to her.

 The beginnings of the bookshelves!
 In Junior High I did a project for Bible Class of Noah's Ark.  My mom helped me to make the Ark (I can no longer find it) and then we filled it with these animals.
 My copy of "The Velveteen Rabbit" came with a Rabbit similar to the one shown on the left sans the spots - I still have the Rabbit dubbed "Bunny" - this particular book was published the year I was born but I received it as a birthday present for my 4th birthday from a friend.  It is so special to still have this and to share it with my child.
This was one of my mom's favorite stories about a pig with wings named "Perfect" he lived with a lady in an apartment and she let him fly around outside for exercise.  One night he went out flying and a storm came he got lost and exhausted - fell asleep on a park bench.  Some creepy guy found him and locked him up in his creepy apartment then used Perfect as a money maker showing him off and making people pay to see him fly - on a leash.  Perfect was miserable.  Finally one day he was able to escape and found his lady owner - they were both so happy to find each other again!


Well it looks as if my library is growing.  I still need LOTS more books.  Infant ones especially and ones for 8 months to 2 years old.  I am hoping by having a nice library my child will grow up to be an avid reader like myself!

Do you have any book suggestions?  Or any other baby item suggestions? I would love to know them!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley