Monday, July 16, 2012

My Dinning Room

Hey there Blogland!!  Sorry I have been MIA lately...its just this summer break -- and that I have had internet issues.

I think I mentioned that my dad is moving, so we (my siblings, dad and I) have been hard at work cleaning up the house and taking things for our homes.   What was left we held an Estate Sale - that was crazy, people lining up an hour before we "opened" bringing in baskets and giant bags to collect all of our stuff to take home with them.

I was blessed with bringing home the dinning set that I grew up using.  I LOVE this table - I have been on the search for one similar to it for years with absolutely NO luck.  This table is amazing!!  It can seat 4 to 12 chairs!!  It is a substantial table and SOLID.  I love it and I am so happy that I can continue to have meals at this table for a LONG time and share these memories with my own family that the hubster's and I are building!  In addition to the gorgeous table I also got the "Breakfront" that is what my parents always called it.  It is a buffet and hutch that matches the table.  I love this piece too.  We knew that getting this piece into our home was going to be a height challenge - challenge it was because the piece is 1/2 inch too tall for our ceilings!!! SO we are just storing the top in our garage.  My next home will have at least 10ft ceilings!! haha

looking in from the kitchen - living room is to the right

 This was another piece from my mom's house...we acquired it when we moved into our house since she remodeled her kitchen.  You have seen this piece before on the other wall of our dinning room.  We made it over.  It used to be a pine/oak wood with a matching hutch.  We sanded and painted it black and added crystal knobs.  I love how it looks now. 
 Its the new "home" for our bar.  Two of the decanter's were my mom's, and the other two I picked up at a flea market we went to together.

 I this table SO much!!
 The high-chair I grew up using! Can't wait for my little one to sit in it!
 Since we no longer have a hutch on either of our buffet's I needed to find a new home for all my glassware.  This shelf works perfectly!!  I love how I have the different colours and how it looks against the lighter coloured wall. 
 These are our "fine" glasses from our wedding registry - Kate Spade, June Lane.  You can just make out the etched dragonfly
 I adore my little yellow glasses and the giant floral mugs were a great clearance find at Anthropologie that we use for "Soup Sundays"!!
 our "new" buffet with a framed poem my mom wrote about Paladin

I love my little Irish mugs with the etched shamrocks on them!  and the great cake stands my dear BIL Tyler got me for Christmas!!

Thanks for taking a tour of my "new" dinning room!!  I am so happy to have so many things that belonged to my mom!!  Near and Dear!

♥ Ashley

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Ashley!!! Glad you got the table - sounds like it meant a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful table, the yellow glasses are as well, a lovely way to display things is out in the open....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley