Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunshine, Family and Tissues

We seriously had the most beautiful weekend in January. On Sunday it was in the 60's and we were having so much fun (and super busy that I failed at taking even a single picture!!)

Ellie has been getting a lot of FaceTime with Nanny, since Nanny has been sick at home practically all week with Influenza A. Thankfully it seems like we are all in the clear from that sickness but Ellie has had a low grade fever and is super congested. It doesn't seem to be bothering her as she is running and jumping and playing and climbing all over. I'm so glad that she has such a tough personality!

Completely unrelated but she loves her rubber duckies. 

Saturday morning we sat and had some coffee time in the morning and then I wanted to finish painting the walls in our bathroom. I am happy to say that I am almost all done with painting in there!! All I have left to do are the baseboards and linen closet door. This project is going to take just a little longer than planned as I have decided that I actually want to do a little more. I'm thinking of getting new mirrors, we need two since we have a double vanity, and our floor really needs to be replaced. Have no fear friends I will share it all when it gets done.



Also on Saturday I went to see one of my girlfriends and say in her chair for about an hour and got my hairs did! I absolutely love it and am so happy to get my grey hairs covered. I've had those blasted things since I was 17, ha!  We had a great time chatting and catching up. I'm so happy that she moved to a closer salon location so I can see her more often! Before she was about 75 minutes away - now she is 20!!!

We don't see my dad all that often but had the opportunity to visit with him all day yesterday. We started out at his church, then went out for Dim Sum (if you haven't been before you need to go!), then we took a trip to visit my moms grave site and Ellie bent down to kiss her headstone (all by herself!), and back to his house to help him with some yard work. Ellie had fun playing with his big wooden train set and watching some Disney Jr (a first since we usually only watch PBS kids). One of my favorite parts of the day was when we were at the cemetery Ellie was walking around and my dad called to her and she went running to him the first time! Our past few visits she has been a little hesitant, so it warmed my heart how willing she was to run to him.

So that was our weekend. Our big plans for today are for the Vet to come out and give our horses a check up and PTL the weather is supposed to be in the 60's again!! Standing out in the rain with a horse is not my favorite. 

Hope y'all had the best weekend!!!

♥ Ashley

Click here to see where I'm linking up today. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! :) Glad to hear your mom is doing better, Influenza is spreading like wildfire this year... I'm some glad I got my flu shot because I'm basically looking after someone with it every shift!! Ellie and her rubber duckies is the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! What a great hair shot, now I can see exactly how long it is :). Gray hairs, WAH!!! Mine came on strong at 30. It's about time to cover those bad boys up again for me.

    Yay for great weather to. We are supposed to have a couple really great days here this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley